Will Mayor Turner's performance influence the next election?

dbigtex56

3 hours ago, august948 said:

I get the resemblance, just curious on the animus.

I’m 💯 OK with any man who gives me gifts, although I must say I prefer it more often than one night a year. (Surprising that you would be into handouts, however.) Still, I don’t think that makes one qualified to be Mayor. Shady/grandstanding bail bondsman doesn’t either. 

On 5/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, august948 said:

If you own property in the city, then yes you are paying in a lion's share of the taxes.  As it happens I'm a resident and property owner inside the city limits.  But I also own property in other communities where I also pay in a lion's share plus some since I don't get homestead exemptions there.  Even if I can't vote in those other communities whatever happens there politically or otherwise affects me and entitles me to an opinion (as if the first amendment wasn't enough).

I highly doubt many suburbanites think Houston burned down during the summer of love, peaceful protests of 2020.  I do suspect, however, that some city dwellers don't get out as much as they should, especially if they think all that rush hour traffic each day on 45 is Woodlands residents making their quarterly visits to the city proper.

And what's up with the Santa fixation?  Don't tell me it's because he has man hands...

I think @mattyt36 is triggered by Kubosh & Knox for some reason because they've been staunchly opposed to the corrupt Turner administration's policies.