President Biden

Highrise Tower

3 hours ago, editor said:

While you state that Biden is the worst president in America, he is also the only president in America, which means he's also the best president in America.  Funny how logic works.

Also, your comment was not exactly thoughtful or productive.  Please try to include some actual content in your future posts.  Especially political ones. 

I think we all know that Blue Dogs meant worst president in American history.  The jury will be out on that one for some years yet, but at this point he sure does look like he'll be near bottom of the barrel.  And it's a valid concern that our adversaries overseas view Biden (and Democratic presidents in general) as weak on defense and less likely to oppose them with force.

North Korea testing new intercontinental missile system, U.S. intel agencies believe

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to President Biden
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

....best debate ever?

Ok...so now what?  It's been painfully obvious for a long time now that Biden belongs in an assisted living home and not the White House.  Putting him on stage like that borders on elder abuse.  Scary thing is that Xi, Putin, Kim and the mullahs of Iran, plus all the other bad guys are watching this, too.  Why isn't Nancy Pelosi babbling on about taking the nuclear codes away from him?

image.jpeg.fac8d49d59a254d5f71493098b22952d.jpeg

On 7/5/2024 at 6:54 PM, hindesky said:

HYmcAXI.png

Apples to oranges comparisons.  Take out covid and get back to us.

Fact check: Has Biden averaged more job gains per month than other recent presidents?

https://www.wral.com/story/fact-check-has-biden-averaged-more-job-gains-per-month-than-other-recent-presidents/20525390/

There's an interesting book that covers this sort of thing...

220px-How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hindesky said:

Biden drops out and endorses Harris for the position.

The announcement came on social media.  Will they tell Joe when he wakes up from his nap?

On 7/12/2024 at 10:03 PM, august948 said:

87236917-13626687-image-a-53_17207621952

Does this mean the race is now between Vice President Trump and President Trump?

• Haha 1

After hundreds of Democratic mayors endorsed Kamala Harris, John Whitmire is conspicuously (but not surprisingly) absent from the list because he's "focused on storm recovery."  Yeah, I totally get it, very difficult to have your staff member tweet out for you, "Thanks President Biden for your service and glad to support you in 2024 Kamala Harris."  Definitely a heavy lift!  

Mayor John Whitmire yet to endorse VP Kamala Harris (lmtonline.com)

(While we're on the topic, seems like we need a new thread.)

7 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

After hundreds of Democratic mayors endorsed Kamala Harris, John Whitmire is conspicuously (but not surprisingly) absent from the list because he's "focused on storm recovery."  Yeah, I totally get it, very difficult to have your staff member tweet out for you, "Thanks President Biden for your service and glad to support you in 2024 Kamala Harris."  Definitely a heavy lift!  

Mayor John Whitmire yet to endorse VP Kamala Harris (lmtonline.com)

(While we're on the topic, seems like we need a new thread.)

Neither has Obama at this point.  What's up with that?

So... Whitmire doesn't toe the party line like the others?

G45t0bM0i56nreQg

Welcome to the Democratic party, comrade.

Edited by august948

5 minutes ago, august948 said:

Neither has Obama at this point.  What's up with that?

According to the Times:

The former president has positioned himself as an impartial elder statesman above intraparty machinations and was neutral during the 2020 Democratic primaries.

I feel like he checked out after his presidency.  And who wouldn't?  If I was him, I'd spend the rest of my life on a private island drinking things out of pineapples.  Politics can go stick its head in a pig.

Or, maybe he's waiting for the DNC to pay off his campaign debt, if he has any left.  Endorsements have been withheld for that sort of thing before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, editor said:

According to the Times:

I feel like he checked out after his presidency.  And who wouldn't?  If I was him, I'd spend the rest of my life on a private island drinking things out of pineapples.  Politics can go stick its head in a pig.

Or, maybe he's waiting for the DNC to pay off his campaign debt, if he has any left.  Endorsements have been withheld for that sort of thing before.

Good points all.  Some think he checked out before the end of his presidency.

15 hours ago, august948 said:

Welcome to the Democratic party, comrade.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh Augie, if only it were TRUE!

The GOP’s lengthy impeachment and censure lists - The Washington Post

Nor do they tell the full story of such punitive threats, including censure, which the GOP has used extensively outside the halls of Congress — mostly against fellow Republicans who did not show loyalty to the party in general or Trump in particular. Since 2021, those being censured by state parties or the Republican National Committee have included five current or former GOP senators, a sitting GOP governor, five GOP House members and a smattering of state legislators.

1. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): Trump criticisms (state party)
2. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): gun rights, LGBT rights, immigration (state party)
3. Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): vote to convict Trump at impeachment (state party)
4. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.): vote to convict Trump at impeachment (state party)
5. Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska): vote to convict Trump at impeachment, confirmation vote, abortion rights support (state party)
6. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R): pandemic emergency orders (state party)
7. Rep. Liz Cheney (R- Wyo.): Trump criticisms, vote to impeach (RNC, state party)
8. Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.): Trump criticisms, vote to impeach (RNC)
9. Gonzales (R-Tex.): guns, same-sex marriage (state party)
10. Gonzalez (R-Ohio): vote to impeach Trump (state party)
11. Rep. Tom Rice (R-S.C.): vote to impeach Trump (state party)
12. Arizona state House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R): Jan. 6 committee testimony (state party)
13-34. Ohio state House members: voting with Democrats to elect an alternative GOP speaker (state party)
Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers: speaking at a white-nationalist conference, violent language and political threats (state party)

G45t0bM0i56nreQg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There's only one candidate (and one party) in this election who is obsessed with dictators and talking about sending people to camps en masse . . . it's not a stretch to say Trump would be waxing poetic about Stalin's "strength" if they were contemporaries.

One year of Trump’s praise for authoritarians - POLITICO

Good points all.  Some think he checked out before the end of his presidency.

Aw SHUCKS . . . what a shame he's no longer running!  Considering everything we've heard in the past 4 years from the R side about how incompetent he was, I guess we thought the news would make you happy!  But Rs have proven to be a fickle bunch and anything but consistent in their thinking time and time again . . . OH WELL!

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

Story seems to have changed on this one.  Not about Beryl after all!  A guy well known for not staying within party lines now seems preoccupied with party procedures.  Who woulda guessed it?!  

EXCLUSIVE: Mayor Whitmire explains why he has not yet endorsed Kamala Harris for president (click2houston.com)

I find it curious that the mayor seems to respond publicly to every little criticism that comes his way.  Dude needs to keep his eye on the ball, and off of social media.