Need Info On The Area Between FM 1960 And Beltway 8

Nawfside119

Northborough, from Rankin south, is definitely a high crime area. Somewhere on click2houston's site they have or had a deal on which areas have the highest crime and the general Greenspoint area, including Northborough, topped the list.

Besides the massive glut of apartments south of Rankin, they also extend north along Ella Blvd too. The resident profiles of these properties has been in decline for years. There are a few exceptions, newer properties that are still nice, for now.

There are some new single-family developments going in around Kuykendahl & Ella. Although these are Lennar and other entry level product that are surrounded by C class apartments and tax-credit complexes. If you drive the area from 1960 south along Kuykendahl, you will see strip centers turned into mini-storage, and others that are vacant. The quality of retail improves dramatically west of Veterans-Memorial.

The intersection of Kuykendahl and 1960 is about to undergo a lot of major roadwork also, which will add to the congestion in the area. They are going to put 1960 as an underpass like they did at 45 last I heard. I don't know if that has changed or not.

From what I have heard Westfield High School is way over in the number of students the facilities were designed to handle. I would check the school finder tool on the HAR.com website and compare the area schools performance to ones nearby in Klein and Cy-Fair. Even if you do not have children, schools have significant impact on resale, as I found when I sold my home a few years ago in Ponderosa Forest.

What was it that attracted you to that location?

Northborough, from Rankin south, is definitely a high crime area. Somewhere on click2houston's site they have or had a deal on which areas have the highest crime and the general Greenspoint area, including Northborough, topped the list.

Besides the massive glut of apartments south of Rankin, they also extend north along Ella Blvd too. The resident profiles of these properties has been in decline for years. There are a few exceptions, newer properties that are still nice, for now.

There are some new single-family developments going in around Kuykendahl & Ella. Although these are Lennar and other entry level product that are surrounded by C class apartments and tax-credit complexes. If you drive the area from 1960 south along Kuykendahl, you will see strip centers turned into mini-storage, and others that are vacant. The quality of retail improves dramatically west of Veterans-Memorial.

The intersection of Kuykendahl and 1960 is about to undergo a lot of major roadwork also, which will add to the congestion in the area. They are going to put 1960 as an underpass like they did at 45 last I heard. I don't know if that has changed or not.

From what I have heard Westfield High School is way over in the number of students the facilities were designed to handle. I would check the school finder tool on the HAR.com website and compare the area schools performance to ones nearby in Klein and Cy-Fair. Even if you do not have children, schools have significant impact on resale, as I found when I sold my home a few years ago in Ponderosa Forest.

What was it that attracted you to that location?

The houses were quite nice and the neighborhood looked pretty well-kept. An overall improvement over my current neighborhood, Scenic Wood off of Homestead Rd. I grew up over on Homestead and I want my kids to experience a little better living standard then I did in my youth.

The houses were quite nice and the neighborhood looked pretty well-kept. An overall improvement over my current neighborhood, Scenic Wood off of Homestead Rd. I grew up over on Homestead and I want my kids to experience a little better living standard then I did in my youth.

I know this area well. The biggest downer to the Scenic Woods area, IMO, is that there's a lack of quality retail in the area. The homes in Scenic Woods, while not as nice or well kept as maybe 20 years ago, are still in at least decent shape but the lack of retail and the empty retail parcels lining Homestead is pretty disappointing.

I'd agree that relatively speaking the newer subdivisions along Ella are an upgrade over the homes along the northern Homestead corridor but I would head others advice about checking out schools first, particularly if you want a better standard for your kids.

Good luck with the move!

SAT mean comparisons between schools in Cy-Fair, Klein, and Spring

2003-2004(I think)

SPRING ISD

* Spring 1012

* Westfield 966

KLEIN ISD

* Klein Forest - 971

* Klein - 1099

* Klein Oak- 1079

CY-FAIR

* Cy-Fair 1043

* Cypress Creek 1050

* Cypress Falls 1028

* Cypress Springs 1002

* Jersey Village 1015

* Langham Creek 1059

• 2 weeks later...

Westfield HS is similiar to what Smiley used to be.....the school's racial mix-ups have changed drastically and the original inhabitants moved further north...a new HS will open in 2007 on Imperial Valley Drive...

if your from Scenic Woods your moving into the same situation anywhere between the Beltway and 1960.

they tell me Scenic Woods was entirely different when it was first built..

Westfield HS is similiar to what Smiley used to be.....the school's racial mix-ups have changed drastically and the original inhabitants moved further north...a new HS will open in 2007 on Imperial Valley Drive...

if your from Scenic Woods your moving into the same situation anywhere between the Beltway and 1960.

they tell me Scenic Woods was entirely different when it was first built..

I wondered where Spring would put the new High School, and how that will impact school boundaries, etc.

• The title was changed to Need Info On The Area Between FM 1960 And Beltway 8

Archived