Heart Club At 5002 Washington Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created September 30, 2019. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link  will be posted soon.

Mods, please don't move this to the Heights forum where all of my Washington Corridor posts were moved to. This is NOT in the Heights and it's not part of the Heights area. It's the Washington Corridor area, an area that as suggested and advocated for previously needs its own forum because there is lots of development happening here, much spurred by the Sawyer Yards and Buffalo Heights developments. Thanks.

5002 Washington Avenue along the Washington Corridor in Houston.

P5okPtL.jpg

OYleVMR.jpg

OahFD6D.jpg

Aerial view
6OKjfq0.jpg

Street View from November 2018
j0eInoH.jpg

aK7XSQU.jpg

LecBSwi.jpg

Roy & Center St.
lQluSfs.jpg

bULRJWF.jpg?1

Sandman St & Center St

rE6g5oN.jpg

tRNkFw5.jpg

This was originally posted  September 30, 2019 in the previous thread for 5002 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor . It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

5002 Washington Ave takes up the entire 5000 block of Washington Ave in Houston.

Country-themed bar Daisy Dukes was located here but closed in the spring. Before Daisy Dukes, this was Rebel Honky Tonk ( or Rebel's Honky Tonk).

Last month, Clé Group (Clé , Spire , Bisou ) announced a new bar or club is coming. The club is called Heart. 

Heart is opening this fall at 5002 Washington Ave. I don't know the extent of the renovations inside.

Maybe with So Clutch Group taking over the Washington Corridor nightlife scene, the Clé Group wants a cut of the Washington Corridor money too.

Here's the website and social:

https://hearthtx.com/

https://www.facebook.com/hearthtx

https://www.instagram.com/hearthouston

This was in the previous thread for 5002 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by hindesky, October 1, 2019 in the thread for Half Price Books | 2537 University Blvd | Rice Village.

I ride by here frequently and every time lately thy've had construction workers doing renovations to the exterior.

This was in the previous thread for 5002 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by CrockpotandGravel, October 1, 2019 in the thread for 5002 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:15 PM, hindesky said:

I ride by here frequently and every time lately thy've had construction workers doing renovations to the exterior.

A new multi-level building  would benefit this property more than the existing one. I don't know how this will be transformed to fit the Cle Group brand. We shall see soon.

• The title was changed to 5002 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to Heart Club At 5002 Washington Ave.
  • 2 months later...

The Heart Club is for lease. I wonder if the owners got tired of all the crime here and kicked them out. Once a guy who got kicked out came back with an AR-15 to shoot the place up. Luckily he said he was coming on social media so the cops intercepted him before he could commit a mass murder. There have been murders committed outside the club too.

https://abc13.com/washington-avenue-shooting-nightclub-shots-fired-heart-man-shot-and-killed-outside-bar/12126885/

https://thehoustondistrict.com/urban-properties/f/exclusive-nightlife-venue---premier-space-for-lease-on-washington

xVzhHpC.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 4:32 PM, hindesky said:

The Heart Club is for lease.

Tonight is Heart's last day of business. The night club announced its closure on Instagram this week.

Located at 5002 Washington Ave, Heart is one of several nightlife concepts from Houston's Clé Group. It's also the hospitality group's latest venture to close.

In addition to Heart's closure, Cle Group has closed the following businesses in recent months:

• Bisou - 4444 Westheimer Rd, Suite A-120
  • Post Oak Lodge - 4747 San Felipe St

I think Cle Group may have sold or leased (or may be partnering with other operators) their Midtown and Downtown venues too. I'm not fully certain.

Cle Group advertises their original venue Clé at 2301 Main St, Suite 400. However, alcohol permits and state permits filed in recent months show a club name The Encore at the address. It doesn't appear The Encore is affiliated with Cle Group. I

As for Spire, the downtown night club at 1720 Main St closed late last year, I think, for renovations.  Their Instagram lists the club as closed, but for months stated it was closed for renovations. Permits show a new operator for a club named Dome.

Below are photos from inside Heart. The photos are from the night club's Instagram.

SE5Shxq.jpeg

LrACXW9.jpeg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1