Retail Center At 1201 Oliver St.

CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.  It may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, May 16 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

Facebook page to watch for interior designs and updates from Urban South Brewery in Houston.

https://www.facebook.com/urbansouthHOU/

Originally posted in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.  It may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, May 18 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

Construction photo of City Orchard. This is under construction at 1201 Oliver St in Houston, part of the Sawyer Yards expansion.

From Instagram this week:

Plumbing! Not pretty but beautiful. Things are happening @cityorchardhtx.
haJqZGM.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxh_6jMD_QZ/

Originally posted by HoustonMidtown, July 21, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

5UgVFTl.jpg
Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

kB7l3Pw.jpg
Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

Originally posted by CrockpotandGravel, July 21, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

Adaptive reuse of industrial building like these give me hope. Redevelopment is inching further the south and east loop, where there are several of these similar looking industrial parks. If and when these hit the market, I hope whoever buys them can look to this Lovett development of what's possible. 

Originally posted by Avossos, July 21, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

Anyone else notice... called ‘Dock High district’

i imagine Lovett will renovate many of these in the area. I’ll be honest, this building is never going to make me too excited. But there are quite a few totally awesome brick and masonry warehouses in this area that would be Killer, if fixed up right! Looking forward to more renovations in this Dock High District .

Originally posted by CrockpotandGravel, July 22, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Avossos said:

i
 imagine Lovett will renovate many of these in the area....

I didn't. Good catch, @Avossos!

I couldn't find any direct information on Dock High District , the new district including redeveloped warehouses from Lovett Commercial around Sawyer Yards.

I only found indirect information about Dock High District from real estate listings, more like a one line blurb. It seems it dates back to April 2019.

From a recently removed Boulevard Realty listing ( I think it's the same on listings that come up):

...just steps away from Trammel Crow Residential's new mixed use development; Alexan Lower Heights and Lovett Commercial's new mixed use development; Dock High District. Both will offer numerous restaurants, boutiques, and shopping, all walking distance from Studemont Heights.

6c7lfml.jpg

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, July 22, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Avossos said:

Dock High District from Lovett Commercial may be a joint project with Jon Deal. Or maybe not. Or it could have been a redevelopment project Jon Deal planned to do on his own but scrapped it. Or maybe not.

I didn't see a domain for Dock High District, but there was a domain registered by Jon Deal in 2015 for Dock High Houston:

http://dockhighhouston.com

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, July 25, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

An update on Urban South brewery's  Houston location at 1201 Oliver St.

This is the site of the former Glazier's cooling facility being redeveloped into the Dock High District by Lovett Commercial.

From Houston Business Journal this week:

As the October opening date creeps closer, construction at Urban South Brewery is coming along. The New Orleans-based brewery will open its Houston outpost in a new portion of Sawyer Yards, as announced in May.

Currently, the brewery's site at 1201 Oliver St. has a new parking lot, exterior and deck. A beer garden is being framed out, an awning is being installed, and storefront windows are coming up. 

“(It’s) pretty exciting to see all that progress,” founder Jacob Landry said. 

The project will be around $1.4 million, Landry estimates, with roughly half of that going to build-out and the other half going to brewing equipment. The project has been self-financed up to this point, but Landry is close to closing on financing for the rest of the project, with a Small Business Administration loan.

...Landry says the project has only seen some minor setbacks. A $20,000 wastewater permit, which was unfamiliar to Landry, proved an unexpected cost. 
“That was not wholly unanticipated, but somewhat shocking,” Landry said. 

Permits also proved troublesome. Landry signed a lease on the space a year ago and has been wrestling with building permits ever since. Brewing equipment in Louisiana is ready to go; Landry just needs the construction to finish.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/07/23/construction-progresses-as-new-orleans-brewery.html

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, July 25, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

Progress photo of Urban South brewery in Houston. This is located at 1201 Oliver St.

This is the site of the former Glazier's cooling facility being redeveloped into the Dock High District by Lovett Commercial.

From Houston Business Journal:

hwJif9j.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, July 27, 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

YWas6FY.jpg

Originally posted by Hindesky, September 1 2019 in the previous thread for 1201 Oliver St | Dock High District.

jMM63S0.jpg

• The title was changed to 1201 Oliver St
  • 2 months later...

The Axe Throwing Place, and the City Cider(which has an absurdly large side-yard (and 2 house-brewed beers on tap+4 housebrewed-ciders and ~8 non-local ciders on tap) are now open.  Urban South just posted that they've brewed their first beer in the building as well. 

they've also connected National Street and added parking lot, so you don't have to take Oliver St which is pretty rough right now

national-street-add.PNG

Edited by crock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crock said:

The Axe Throwing Place, and the City Cider(which has an absurdly large side-yard (and 2 house-brewed beers on tap+4 housebrewed-ciders and ~8 non-local ciders on tap) are now open.  Urban South just posted that they've brewed their first beer in the building as well. 

they've also connected National Street and added parking lot, so you don't have to take Oliver St which is pretty rough right now

national-street-add.PNG

The connection to National Street must be pretty recent, correct? I remember riding my bike over there and noticing that it would make a lot of sense if they did connect it.

4 minutes ago, Avossos said:

The connection to National Street must be pretty recent, correct? I remember riding my bike over there and noticing that it would make a lot of sense if they did connect it.

City Orchard had little "go this way" signs from oliver->center->national and i was very incredulous when i followed them this weekend, and very pleasantly surprised by this being real,  it could literally have opened last week. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crock said:

national-street-add.PNG

I actually made the mistake of driving down Oliver St tonight from Kroger and stumbled upon these places being open. Mistake because, as you stated, the road is in horrible shape. Pot holes all over the place during this construction.

• The title was changed to 1201 Oliver St.
  • 1 year later...

The unit previously leased to Urban Axes will be transformed into an event center. According to a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations filing, renovations are estimated to begin in November and conclude in January.

The address of the yet-to-be-named event center in Sawyer Yards is 1201 Oliver St, Ste 106.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2023003850

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 1201 Oliver St.
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...