"war On Christmas"

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh. I had already changed it before you posted nmain, I realized that Red was indeed a Pagan, :lol: and doesn't believe in Santa Claus or whole ceremony of Christmas at all. (although I think he does have a Tree in his Condo.) I was mindful of not trying to upset you in the least, I still want to borrow the sawzall. Hand it over. :lol::lol:

Are you suggesting that in the vast O'Reilly Factor empire there is not a single person who can google "Plano schools", get a phone number and ask "Is this true?".

I'm not saying they didn't try. Very often it takes days or weeks for school districts to return phone calls to journalists. Some school districts are notorious for refusing to answer any questions, no matter how harmless.

On a broader note, I think liberals give O'Riley and Fox News Channel too much credit for a lot of things. Hardly anyone watches Fox News Channel. Even though they are the most watched cable news channel, that "most watched" number is still very small. There are churches in Texas with larger congregations than FNC's, or CNN's entire daily national audience. As for MSNBC, there's a reason it's called "Mighty Sorry, NoBody Cares."

Seriously, people like O'Reilly are on Fox because no reputable news organization would have a former anchor of-what was it? Inside Edition?

Alan Hemberger, who anchors the WB39 News in Houston, was formerly an Entertainment Tonight anchor.

I can understand O'Reilly's outrage. After 43 consecutive white male Christian US presidents in a country where most corporations are run by white male Christians, civilization as we know it is on the verge of collapse.

Seriously, people like O'Reilly are on Fox because no reputable news organization would have a former anchor of-what was it? Inside Edition? He lies about receiving awards he never received. He apparently has lied about Plano, got caught and has refused to apologize.

He's on Fox because he makes them money. It has nothing to do with left or right. He appears devoid of any particular philosophy. But he knows the game.

Cater to the lowest common denominator.

Wage a war on Christmas.

Stir the masses.

Count the $$

I guess you are right, hard to find straight journalists like say Dan Rather, who would never spout off lies about a President in order to try and sway an election. A reputable news organization would NEVER have anyone like that in their stables. <_<;):D

I guess you are right, hard to find straight journalists like say Dan Rather, who would never spout off lies about a President in order to try and sway an election. A reputable news organization would NEVER have anyone like that in their stables. <_<;):D

What lie did Rather spout? Specificly? If you were in court and had to testify. I could go to court and honestly testify that O'Reilly did not receive a Peabody. I could go to court and testify that O'Reilly lied about Plano. You could too on both counts. They are verifiable. Back to Rather...specifics?

What lie did Rather spout? Specificly? If you were in court and had to testify. I could go to court and honestly testify that O'Reilly did not receive a Peabody. I could go to court and testify that O'Reilly lied about Plano. You could too on both counts. They are verifiable. Back to Rather...specifics?

The whole reason Rather retired was because he got duped into reporting a false story about Bush's "falsified flying record". I'll find you the link in a few minutes. Hold on bro.

http://www.mediaresearch.org/campaign/04/rather.asp

Boo-Yah ! Here ya go.

The whole reason Rather retired was because he got duped into reporting a false story about Bush's "falsified flying record". I'll find you the link in a few minutes. Hold on bro.

http://www.mediaresearch.org/campaign/04/rather.asp

Boo-Yah ! Here ya go.

Ah, yes. That bastion of fairness, "The Media Research Center".

Let's puruse their latest 30 day archive, shall we?

Oh look!!! Here's a hard-hitting indictment on hard news:

October 25

CyberAlert: Lauer Laughs at Franken's Re-Run Rove and Libby "Execution" Quip

Matt Lauer laughed at a joke! I am appalled! SHOCKED!

A 30 day archive with hits on all 3 major news networks, CNN and MSNBC. None on Fox News. One on Fox Broadcasting for a racy TV show on a sunday night.

So what again was Rather's lie?

Fair, balananced and enquiring minds want to know! ;)

B)

OK, enough. Anyone who knows anything about Brent Bozell knows this is his site and skews the news better than anyone.

To even remotely compare a verified liar like O'Reilly to Rather is ludicrous.

People have been saying "happy holidays" for at least 100 years, so this is nothing new. It's the same old trivial discussion year after year. Likewise, people have been saying "season's greetings" for at least

100 years as well. These are just alternate Christmas-time greetings, and not meant to take

Christmas out of the greeting.

I guess I'm being politically incorrect for typing this response in English.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/06/...ain641481.shtml

Here then Hardass, maybe your beloved CBS will convince you. Read it and weep. :P Dan Rather................another "verified" liar.

I do love the fact you tried to spin it though. Nice try my friend.

(CBS) Below is the text of CBS News Anchor Dan Rather's statement on the documents purportedly written by President Bush's National Guard commander:

Last week, amid increasing questions about the authenticity of documents used in support of a "60 Minutes Wednesday" story about President Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard, CBS News vowed to re-examine the documents in question-and their source-vigorously. And we promised that we would let the American public know what this examination turned up, whatever the outcome.

Now, after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers. That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where-if I knew then what I know now-I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.

But we did use the documents. We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.

Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully.

Once again, where is the liar you try to defend O'Reilly with? All I read here is a statement from a man that owned up to mistakes and a lack of judgement.

All anyone can see in O'Reilly is a 9 year old in a 50-something body stomping his foot down and continuing to deny he lied about his Plano accusation in his contrived War on Christmas.

Thanks for the news link.

See. I stayed on topic.

B)

People have been saying "happy holidays" for at least 100 years, so this is nothing new. It's the same old trivial discussion year after year. Likewise, people have been saying "season's greetings" for at least

100 years as well. These are just alternate Christmas-time greetings, and not meant to take

Christmas out of the greeting.

I guess I'm being politically incorrect for typing this response in English.

You are correct.

But I don't recall hearing "Holiday Tree" or "Cultural Tree" until this year.

Does that mean we can close this thread?

Before y'all do close this thread let me add my 2 cents. Here in the UK I noticed that all religions Holidays are acknowleged. It isn't watered down or renamed to keep from offending anyone. Kids are taught about Christmas, Eid, Ramadan, Hannakkah ect. Stores have there Merry Christmas signs up. People through out streets wish each other a Merry Christmas without a second thought that they offended someone or that some one offended them. What I'm getting at is that it's not an issue. I think there are groups out there in the States(no names mentioned) that along with the media are making it into so much more.

Yeah Christmas shouldn't be the only Holiday being promoted especially in schools, and that minority religous groups shouldn't be singled out for not being Christian in schools. My take is bring up and educate ALL people on all Holidays or none at all.

I prefer ALL, if so it might just cut down on misconceptions and intolerance.

Merry Christmas Everyone and A Happy New Year :D

Yeah...well...I don't know about you, "westguy" but I firmly defend the O'Reillys of the world to spew their extremist, far right wing Republican bile on this Glorious War on Christmas. YES!!! Glorious, I say! GLORIOUS!!! War over? NEVER, as long as there are baby-killing liberal gay homosexuals like you roaming the earth!!!

As His Billness said on November 30th in the year of Our Lord 2005, "...every company in America should be on its knees thanking Jesus for being born."

He then estimated that 15 percent of the country was not Christian and, of those, "maybe 1 percent are totally insane ... They're the ones who are offended."

One percent! See? ONE PERCENT!!!!

I'm not afraid of people like you "westguy"! I am fully confident that over two centurys of White Christian Male Dominance in The United States of America will prevail and your ilk...will be dealt with...accordingly.

There. Is that clear enough? NOW can we declare this war over?

Please? :angry2:

B)

[clearly nmainguy has snapped and needs a few days of R n' R] :wacko:

How many times do you have to be reminded nmain, you are not to stand so close to the microwave when you make your popcorn. You come back to the computer everytime and that plate in your head has just jacked you all up ! Be more careful, that is my Christmas wish for you. ;):D

Archived