Another Shopping Center On I-45

dfinke

As if there weren't enough strip centers along Interstate 45 already, I noticed that another will be built alongside the old Mustang Athletic Center. According to the developer's website the existing golf course will be redeveloped as well. I for one am glad that all of those trees were planted alongside the freeway. Hopefully they'll survive long enough to grow up and hide some of the concrete jungle that seems to be springing up alongside the feeder.

http://www.sammoongroup.com/development/newdevelopment.asp

What's up with the obsession with mediterranean architecture in Woodlands strip shopping centers, anyway...especially since they don't like nude Italian statuary?

This sounds made up, too...

"This center will feature a distinctive Metro-Mediterranean style which combines the feel of a warm and inviting Italian village with the accents and fixtures of a modern lifestyle center."

inviting Italian village and modern lifestyle center in the same sentence? :blink:

What's up with the obsession with mediterranean architecture in Woodlands strip shopping centers, anyway...especially since they don't like nude Italian statuary?

This sounds made up, too...

"This center will feature a distinctive Metro-Mediterranean style which combines the feel of a warm and inviting Italian village with the accents and fixtures of a modern lifestyle center."

inviting Italian village and modern lifestyle center in the same sentence? :blink:

Red I agree, all this Italian/Viennitian architecture, with parking lots full of soccer sticker clad mini-vans, in the far northern suburbs is cracking me up.

This is Texas.

Thank You

Essentially, it looks just like another outlet mall, sort of like the one in San Marcos , but the latter is probably more "architecturally faithful".

• The title was changed to Another Shopping Center On I-45

Archived