Site Plan Released For South Cs Shopping Center

txshady

I was browsing the web for updates on many proposed developments in B/CS, and found a newly released site plan for the Quorum Equities Mixed Use development is south College Station. None of the retailers have been released yet, but it looks like two big box retailers are coming in. I know this particular development company frequents Wal-Mart Supercenters and Super Targets as ancors for their regional centers. Check it out...

Note: You need Adobe Acrobat Read as it is a pdf file.

Site Plan

Site Aerial Photo

Aerial.jpg

I completely see this happening. If you have that picture, then someone is ready to move on it. Look at the general vicinity to that neighborhood, and McDonald's doesn't build on a whim, they know somethingelse is going in there, I would guess Target though, for the simple fact that MickeyD's would have been built inside of Wal-mart, if it was coming.

I completely see this happening. If you have that picture, then someone is ready to move on it. Look at the general vicinity to that neighborhood, and McDonald's doesn;t build on a whim, they know somethingelse is going in there, I would guess traget though, for the simple fact that MickeyD's would have been built inside of Wal-mart, if it was coming.

It's funny you mention the McDonald's/Wal-Mart Mix. When I lived in Waco for college, The Wal-Mart Supercenter at the corner of New Rd. and Franklin Dr. Had a McDonalds in it, but there also is a McDonald's on the other side of Wal-Mart's parking lot on Franklin Dr. 2 McDonald's on the same corner. Weird...

It's funny you mention the McDonald's/Wal-Mart Mix. When I lived in Waco for college, The Wal-Mart Supercenter at the corner of New Rd. and Franklin Dr. Had a McDonalds in it, but there also is a McDonald's on the other side of Wal-Mart's parking lot on Franklin Dr. 2 McDonald's on the same corner. Weird...

Yeah, along the same lines you can have a Barnes and Noble next to a SuperTarget. That could give you three Starbucks in the same area. I do know of a SuperTarget and Starbucks right next to each other.

Yeah, along the same lines you can have a Barnes and Noble next to a SuperTarget. That could give you three Starbucks in the same area. I do know of a SuperTarget and Starbucks right next to each other.

They don't need a Super Target on that side of town. How about a SuperTarget on the West side of town, like either on the Bryan or College Station side. I remember for years on 2818 right before you get to EasterWood Airport coming from Bryan, there was a sign on a lot of acers of lands that had a sign saying something like "Retail Coming Soon" Do yall know what I am taking about?

They don't need a Super Target on that side of town. How about a SuperTarget on the West side of town, like either on the Bryan or College Station side. I remember for years on 2818 right before you get to EasterWood Airport coming from Bryan, there was a sign on a lot of acers of lands that had a sign saying something like "Retail Coming Soon" Do yall know what I am taking about?

I can't recall. But I do know that College Station is, or was at one time, planning a business park at the corner of 2818 and Raymond Stotzer Pkwy. Although I havent heard anything of this in almost a year.

Didn't H.E.B. just open a super store in Bryan. Don't know that they would open 2 that fast in that town.

Yes, they did open a very large HEB in central Bryan a year ago. But, The site at Greens Prarie Rd. and SH 6 is about 8, maybe 9 miles away. So they wouldnt be to close to each other. And the only grocery store for College Station south of the Texas Ave/SH 6 Interchange, or roughly 15-20,000 people in the city limits, is a Kroger Signature. A new HEB, if thats what it is, would be a welcome sight for the rapidly growing Castlegate and Pebble Creek subdivisions. Other than that Kroger, the closest grocery store to those subdivisions is a smaller Albertsons store about 4 miles north on 2818 and Texas Ave. But thats just my opinion, I think the decision to add a grocery store down there, may have more to do with future growth of the subdivisions, rather than current demand. College Station is growing very, very fast down there.

Yes, they did open a very large HEB in central Bryan a year ago. But, The site at Greens Prarie Rd. and SH 6 is about 8, maybe 9 miles away. So they wouldnt be to close to each other. And the only grocery store for College Station south of the Texas Ave/SH 6 Interchange, or roughly 15-20,000 people in the city limits, is a Kroger Signature. A new HEB, if thats what it is, would be a welcome sight for the rapidly growing Castlegate and Pebble Creek subdivisions. Other than that Kroger, the closest grocery store to those subdivisions is a smaller Albertsons store about 4 miles north on 2818 and Texas Ave. But thats just my opinion, I think the decision to add a grocery store down there, may have more to do with future growth of the subdivisions, rather than current demand. College Station is growing very, very fast down there.

Every body always talks about South College Station and the East Side of BCS, but what about the West Side of Bryan and North Bryan? The area that is really in need of a grocery store and more development, is the West side. With all of the new high-class homes going into Traditions and the area around it, those people are in need of a grocery store and retial. They need something like the new Krogers center going up on the east side.

Every body always talks about South College Station and the East Side of BCS, but what about the West Side of Bryan and North Bryan? The area that is really in need of a grocery store and more development, is the West side. With all of the new high-class homes going into Traditions and the area around it, those people are in need of a grocery store and retial. They need something like the new Krogers center going up on the east side.

I think its only a matter of time for the west Bryan area. Once Traditions is 100% complete with all of the housing, and the overpass that is proposed for the SH 47/Villa Maria interchange gets built, I think the retail will be soon to follow. Granger just opened a new store on Villa Maria near 2818, and the new McDonalds at 2818 and Villa Maria. There is a proposed business park at 2818 and Raymond Stotzer Pkwy. Its getting off to a slow start. But in my opinion, and from some of the City of Bryan demographics ive seen, the most rapid development of housing is in central and east Bryan, so those, for now, will have the more rapid retail growth in the short term. The west side's day is coming. I reside in the north Bryan area. And since there are already 2 grocery stores up here, as well as 4 restaraunts (Appletree, HEB, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Wings N More, Sodolaks) for the amount of population north of HWY 21, I dont see much more happening until there is more residential development, such as the North Country Estates alond FM 974 just outside Bryan's ETJ.

I think its only a matter of time for the west Bryan area. Once Traditions is 100% complete with all of the housing, and the overpass that is proposed for the SH 47/Villa Maria interchange gets built, I think the retail will be soon to follow. Granger just opened a new store on Villa Maria near 2818, and the new McDonalds at 2818 and Villa Maria. There is a proposed business park at 2818 and Raymond Stotzer Pkwy. Its getting off to a slow start. But in my opinion, and from some of the City of Bryan demographics ive seen, the most rapid development of housing is in central and east Bryan, so those, for now, will have the more rapid retail growth in the short term. The west side's day is coming. I reside in the north Bryan area. And since there are already 2 grocery stores up here, as well as 4 restaraunts (Appletree, HEB, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Wings N More, Sodolaks) for the amount of population north of HWY 21, I dont see much more happening until there is more residential development, such as the North Country Estates alond FM 974 just outside Bryan's ETJ.

North Bryan has had a bad image in the past but its begining to look a lot better. The new Highway 21 has helped, but for some reason that area just can't get a big boost. Developers just don't care, like the old Weiners building was turned into a pawn shop (like we already don't have enough) and Appletree is so old fashion on the inside and out. I don't even go to that HEB anymore either. Also there is alot of trucking industries and junk yards in that area. The city needs to do something to fix all of that.

I love Sodolaks. I always get the chicken fried steak.

North Bryan has had a bad image in the past but its begining to look a lot better. The new Highway 21 has helped, but for some reason that area just can't get a big boost. Developers just don't care, like the old Weiners building was turned into a pawn shop (like we already don't have enough) and Appletree is so old fashion on the inside and out. I don't even go to that HEB anymore either. Also there is alot of trucking industries and junk yards in that area. The city needs to do something to fix all of that.

I love Sodolaks. I always get the chicken fried steak.

Me too! Their chicken fried steak is the best! Though, the City of Bryan did adobt new codes against junk yards and lawn trash, but they have done little to enforce them. As far as the Appletree goes, I think Mr. Culpepper should bulldoze the whole shopping center and start over. And that HEB is way to small for the amount of business it does, and the fact they only ever have one check out open on weekday nights, I usually go to the big one at Manor East/Tejas. In my opinion, we need an entirely new city council, which can focus on areas like north Bryan, instead of the richer areas, which benefit them personally. The only part of town that needed help similar to north Bryan that is getting worked on is downtown. Imagine what Bryan would look like if that kind of time and effort, and a moderate investment took place in north Bryan. I have no doubt that things will change as the city grows, but unfortunatly it probably wont happen any time in the near future, if even the next twenty years. But HWY 21 is a start, even though the state of Texas did it. Do you know if they are going to work on 21 between Texas and SH 6?

Culpepper should bulldoze the whole shopping center and start over

Baskins just moved to what used to be manor east mall, appletree/safeway/whatever is been gone forever as you know, anyways, swensens is gone, cici's is still there but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes. Also, one of the last good places in there, Los cucos(mexican restaruant), well, my freind worked at el chico, and then the other day she went to work to find that they(el chico) had went out of business. And she heard Los cucos might take the old el chico. With los cucos gone, that leaves benigans, radio shack, this funky chinese place, POETS billards, and sas fashion or whatever its called left. Id bet that culpeper is toast soon.

Baskins just moved to what used to be manor east mall, appletree/safeway/whatever is been gone forever as you know, anyways, swensens is gone, cici's is still there but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes. Also, one of the last good places in there, Los cucos(mexican restaruant), well, my freind worked at el chico, and then the other day she went to work to find that they(el chico) had went out of business. And she heard Los cucos might take the old el chico. With los cucos gone, that leaves benigans, radio shack, this funky chinese place, POETS billards, and sas fashion or whatever its called left. Id bet that culpeper is toast soon.

Culpepper North, the name of the one on highway 21 in Bryan, needs to be razed and re-built. Culpepper Plaza, the one your talking about, was bought out by NewPlan Excel Properties last year, and has already announced plans of redeveloping the shopping center completely, inside and out in an effort to make it much more attractive to consumers and businesses alike.

Culpepper North, the name of the one on highway 21 in Bryan, needs to be razed and re-built. Culpepper Plaza, the one your talking about, was bought out by NewPlan Excel Properties last year, and has already announced plans of redeveloping the shopping center completely, inside and out in an effort to make it much more attractive to consumers and businesses alike.

cool.i hope that happens

I would guess Target though, for the simple fact that MickeyD's would have been built inside of Wal-mart, if it was coming.

Are they still doing that? All the Wal-Mart SuperCenters here in Shreveport were originally built with Mickey D's inside of them, but they've all been replaced with Subway sandwich shops. Maybe due to the fact that every Wal-Mart SuperCenter here (including the one newest one they're getting ready to start on) have a McDonald's within a short distance. Two of them even have McDonald's right off their property lines.

If I had my choice, I'd go with SuperTarget anyway. I live in the suburbs and I'm so glad they're getting ready to build one within 10 miles of my house. The other one is nearly 30 miles away in the southeast Shreveport area... and I HATE Wal-Mart.

Archived