Hardy Toll Road Extension To Downtown

Anybody know the exact plans for the Hardy Toll Road extension into downtown? I live on the east side of Lindale Park and am curious what exactly is going to happen with that. Will it be an elevated freeway? What street will it go over? (I'm assuming Hardy and Elysian) Will it be free? Anyone have any ideas?

Hopefully it will block out all the train noise!

Anybody know the exact plans for the Hardy Toll Road extension into downtown?

I saw plans for the project about 2.5 years ago. So the details may have changed since then. However, the location has not changed. It will replace the railroad track that runs parallel to Maury Street. As of 2 years ago there were plans to relocate the existing railroad track to the railroad corridor just to the east.

The plans I saw showed a 4-lane facility at ground level. I can't remember if the grade separations were underpasses or overpasses.

The major construction associated with this job will be connecting it into downtown. The last I heard, this will be done in conjunction with the reconstruction of the Elysian viaduct. There were some displacements associated with that plan, and I don't know what the final outcome is.

Isn't it supposed to end up at the Eastex freeway on the north-east side of downtown?

Yes, it will connect into the Eastex Freeway downtown interchange. You can see the stub-outs in the interchange where the ramps will connect. But there were also discussions of providing a more direct connection into downtown via the Elysian viaduct. I don't know what the final plan is regarding the Elysian viaduct.