Texas Traffic Signals

MiDTOWNeR

how about this?

Tampa, FL:

IMG_7096.sized.jpg

thats similer, but Orlando doesnt use cables, its actual steel/aluminum cube beams, its very attractive. Like I mentioned, the beams look like the 3D cube track of a hyper/giga rollercoaster. Im sorry I dont have a pic, if I come across one, i'll post.

thats similer, but Orlando doesnt use cables, its actual steel/aluminum cube beams, its very attractive. Like I mentioned, the beams look like the 3D cube track of a hyper/giga rollercoaster. Im sorry I dont have a pic, if I come across one, i'll post.

i think i know what you're talking about in Orlando, and those are pretty cool. i'll try to get a pic next time i'm there.

i was just posting a picture of a crazy traffic light configuration i saw in tampa.

I think it takes the city about six months to replace old traffic signals. Could you imagine a busy intersection like Westheimer & Post Oak without a signal directing traffic for that long? Around here they recently finished rebuilding Old Westheimer. Where they put new signals up, they used the ones with the arms. At other intersections they left them with hanging from wires even if they had to move the posts around.

How about some of those old signals on single polls, located just to the right of the street (usually behind a tree branch or something)? They still have lots of those inside the loop. I wonder if they will ever replace them with modern ones.

i think i know what you're talking about in Orlando, and those are pretty cool. i'll try to get a pic next time i'm there.

i was just posting a picture of a crazy traffic light configuration i saw in tampa.

Those are pretty crazy, guess they skipped the design stage just to throw up something functional.

Those are pretty crazy, guess they skipped the design stage just to throw up something functional.

the best part was, this intersection was right near busch gardens. maybe they were replacing lights and had the old ones and the new ones up? i've seen that before here, where there are two sets up until the new ones are working.

Haven't seen any posts about Boston yet. That is a terrible place to drive with terrible drivers. For example, two odd things about Boston:

--The Boston Left Turn - If needing to turn left onto a busy street without a signal, simply pull out slowly to cut off the traffic from the left, then wait for an opening in the traffic from the right. Ignore the honking horns because they do the some thing to you.

--The Flashing Green Light - I think it means watch for pedestrians. I guess at other times there is no need to watch.

How about the "three car rule" in L.A.

Since most of the city streets do not have protected left turn signals, once the light turns green, three cars can go ahead and make the left. The cross traffic knows to wait for this.

In Jersey when someone is going to make a left hand turn, you just know they will do it IMMEDIATELY when the light turns green, noone fusses when they turn right in front of you as you start to cross the intersection.

Archived