Super Bowl

NewMND

They should just build a big giant stadium in Las Vegas and alternate the Super Bowl every year between Vegas and Miami, I'm sure that would make the owners happy.

Give this man a CEEEEEEGAR !!!!! That is free thinking at it's finest. I would like to submit this as" the post of the day." :lol:

They should just build a big giant stadium in Las Vegas and alternate the Super Bowl every year between Vegas and Miami, I'm sure that would make the owners happy.

Well, by all means; let's make sure the owners are happy. I mean, all they've ever gotten was tax-payer funded stadiums with Luxury Skyboxes-until they aren't good enough anymore and then threaten to move their team if..."I DON'T GET WHAT I WANT!!!!" [owner stamps floor, pouts and holds breath]. Plus their personal and corporate tax breaks. I say let's build a temple to the owners-some place we could go once a year to pay homage. Like Mecca. We could sit that fat ass Bud Adams swarthed in a tunic on a big pillow with drool running down his chin as a worship idol.

B)

Why not have it in Green Bay? Its the only stadium owned by the citizens of Green Bay - not some old white guy.

Having lived in Green Bay and other parts of Wisconsin, I can tell you that the city, the region, even the entire state of Wisconsin is not prepared to handle an event of that size.

Green Bay is the largest city in Northeastern Wisconsin, and the largest city between Milwaukee and Canada. But it's still a small town. Much of the downtown is block after block of abandoned boarded up buildings. In terms of population and infrastructure, it's closer to Lafayette than Houston. Definately not ready to host a Super Bowl.

There are some good things about Green Bay, though. It's mostly flat, bur doesn't flood. If you want to "get away from it all" you only have to drive 45 minutes to be in the middle of nowhere. There's an indian reservation that extends into downtown and it has a Wal-Mart and a tax-free gas station on the property. It's the only place I ever lived where every school has a hockey rink, and every high school has a dog sledding team. And I lived next to the wildlife refuge so I was lulled to sleep by the baying of wolves in the night.

Oh I agree. I was being facetious. I've been told that there is a waiting list years long just to get season tickets there. I believe the city's population is around 93k?

When I was there the signs on the highways still said Population 100,000 even though it had slipped well below 90,000. They refused to change the signs.

You're right about the waiting list for tickets. I never got to see a game. There's nothing else going on up there besides the Packers. One evening when the Packers were playing I was able to walk down the middle of the main street (Mason Street, I believe) with my arms spread wide. There were no cars. No people. Not even dogs. Everyone was snug in their homes glued to the TV cheering on the cheese. It was like the Twilight Zone.

Why not have it in Green Bay? Its the only stadium owned by the citizens of Green Bay - not some old white guy.

so like, does that mean that all the citizens of Green Bay get a yatch for the 2010 Super Bowl?

Editor, you once lived in Green Bay. You should look into that for yourself :lol:

Archived