More Murals Found

hindesky

Xela Coffee Roasters for first two murals. All the others are at Divine Shine self car wash across the street. I think mural artist Nicky Davis organized a little mural fest here a couple weeks ago. 

xooT2Hc.jpg

ezcmWnT.jpg

eVhSmEW.jpg

sil0HrS.jpg

Q5W3l2v.jpg

trFURTv.jpg

XIupVhN.jpg

15m35pg.jpg

0Ew2bw9.jpg

Tp4rrYQ.jpg

PyjUYMh.jpg

XP4QmtD.jpg

RBDxsxR.jpg

9nIM2lG.jpg

UVVHlWM.jpg

aYSITJL.jpg

zqZzMyt.jpg

E9XijKa.jpg

Pi3dXn8.jpg

2POWLQD.jpg

"THE SUN SHINES FOR EVERYONE."

vVYU1so.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@004n063

Those are part of the Street Art For Mankind, there are 19 new ones and one of the artist told me they will be adding more during a summer fest mural event. They have also added plaques for the murals describing them and the artist that did them. A mural artist (not involved with this) told me the ballerina mural will move when they add different black lights on them.

https://streetartmankind.org

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonzo247 in conjunction with Saint Arnolds had a competition, where........ More quick-thinking beer lovers have sleuthed their way to the hidden murals painted by @gonzo247 and have entered for a chance to win a Saint Arnold Society membership.

https://www.instagram.com/gonzo247/

accidentally found one, I was taking the pics at the Dogtopia and saw it down the street at the old Video Audio Plus on Waugh.

I certainly wasn't the first.

BUJF953.jpg

6ZaN00T.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was about to fly the drone to take pics of New Hope Housing Ennis when I saw this mural on top of one of the townhomes on Ennis St.

Hard to get my drone too close because of the high voltage power lines on both sides of the street.

8QVuzyA.jpeg

Plczoyo.jpeg

sgfjS2y.jpeg

• Like 2

I've been wanting to take some drone pics of these murals for a while. Finnegan Park.

"Just weeks after Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed as the first Black woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, a mural in her honor was unveiled Wednesday at Finnegan Park Community Center.

The mural project was led by Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis; the ceremony also included Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo, former U.S. District Judge Vanessa Gilmore and U.S. Reps Sheila Jackson Lee and Al Green."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lifestyle/article/Fifth-Ward-mural-honors-Ketanji-Brown-Jackson-17109273.php

AFMIozg.jpeg

XoqcsEa.jpeg

YWGW7BE.jpeg

7iq8LUe.jpeg

865B78L.png

pXkDWjd.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Something going up on the side of the Houston Academy for International Studies. I'll update in the morning. Figure it'll probably be done by the end of spring break.

20240310_201317.jpg

Not a huge update, but a bit more clarity. Looks like pretty standard school fare.

20240311_092609.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...