Hanson Galleries At 5000 Westheimer Rd.

Dew

It came from a store that specialized in American crafts, in the galleria in the late 70s early 80's. I'm hoping the storm may still be in other markets, so if anyone can recall it,  i'd be grateful. It's a large cobalt blue blown glass lamp with a blown glass lampshade, somewhat art nouveau in style. If anyone has suggestions on repairs i'd appreciate that as well. The piece means a lot to me and has a lot of memories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dew said:

It came from a store that specialized in American crafts, in the galleria in the late 70s early 80's. I'm hoping the storm may still be in other markets, so if anyone can recall it,  i'd be grateful. It's a large cobalt blue blown glass lamp with a blown glass lampshade, somewhat art nouveau in style. If anyone has suggestions on repairs i'd appreciate that as well. The piece means a lot to me and has a lot of memories.

Why are you searching for the name of a long-dead mall store (which even if something DID come up would basically be of no good to you) when you could contact a local glass/pottery repair shop instead in the present?

Edited by IronTiger

2 hours ago, Dew said:

That sounds like Hanson Galleries. The owners retired and they closed the business several years ago. At one time they had 2-3 locations in Houston, and I vaguely recall one that was out of state, but by the time they closed I think they were down to a single location.

I'd definitely try the repair place IronTiger linked to above, but be prepared to open your wallet, as professional repair of art glass is not inexpensive. 

• The title was changed to Just Broke A Prized Blown Glass Lampshade- Need Help
  • The title was changed to Hanson Galleries At 5000 Westheimer Rd.