New Problems At Reliant

Heights2Bastrop

>>Unwilling to blame themselves for harboring prejudiced views, these people blamed the larger tolerant community for "forcing" them to conform. This phenomenon became known as "Political Correctness", due to the fact that politicians, who represent the ENTIRE community, are loathe to show prejudice toward any member of the community.

>>The "liberals" who so disgust you, did not start PC. They never use the terms in the first place. It is therefore, the bigots who started PC, a code to conceal their prejudiced views.

You

Here is a simple generalization. I'm not referring to any certain person or group.

There is such a thing as political correctness abuse. There are some liberal politicians who fight blindly to ensure the rights of all. Sometimes, in their fight for a certain group, they inadvertantly step on another.

Here is my generalized example:

ACLU fights the City of New York to keep the NYPD from randomly searching people as they enter the subway. In their fight to protect those who could be searched, the ACLU is inadvertantly jepordizing everyone else who rides the subway.

Here is my second generalized example:

TSA screeners randomly screen airline passengers. This means that young children and elderly citizens are searched exactly the same as potential, profile matching passengers. By forcing the TSA to randomly search people who don't match any criteria of the profile, they risk not searching a person who does fit the profile. The profile was created based on facts yet we still choose to ignore it in the interest of kindness.

We as a people and society can't help it if the profile of a terrorist, or a criminal is what we don't want to see. Logic and the ability to reason is how we make decisions. By forcing political correctness on a person, you are forcing them to abondon common sense and logic in favor of pre-determined acceptance.

Just my thoughts.. I digress..

Here is a simple generalization. I'm not referring to any certain person or group.

There is such a thing as political correctness abuse. There are some liberal politicians who fight blindly to ensure the rights of all. Sometimes, in their fight for a certain group, they inadvertantly step on another.

Here is my generalized example:

ACLU fights the City of New York to keep the NYPD from randomly searching people as they enter the subway. In their fight to protect those who could be searched, the ACLU is inadvertantly jepordizing everyone else who rides the subway.

Here is my second generalized example:

TSA screeners randomly screen airline passengers. This means that young children and elderly citizens are searched exactly the same as potential, profile matching passengers. By forcing the TSA to randomly search people who don't match any criteria of the profile, they risk not searching a person who does fit the profile. The profile was created based on facts yet we still choose to ignore it in the interest of kindness.

We as a people and society can't help it if the profile of a terrorist, or a criminal is what we don't want to see. Logic and the ability to reason is how we make decisions. By forcing political correctness on a person, you are forcing them to abondon common sense and logic in favor of pre-determined acceptance.

Just my thoughts.. I digress..

Jeebus, you are confusing Political Correctness with an American's constitutional right against illegal searches. They could not be further apart. The gripe on profiling is mostly because it is an extremely poor method of security, i.e., the shoe bomber and Timothy McVeigh, plus Mousaoui, all do NOT fit the profile. But, none of this is PC.

Archived