Anya Tish Gallery At 4411 Montrose Blvd.

infinite_jim

Does anyone have any information about this building, it's a modern concrete box with a central open air corridor. Their website makes no mention of the bldg., so I'm curious if my information is wrong regarding who/what the building is intended for.

It's located next door to the ktrs bldg. & it's across the street from nippon.

-thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Its a new Gallery/Museum Space. There are multiple galleries in one building sharing costs. Some Enron money guy owns it. I hear the space is very nice and they will be adding more galleries to the existing ones. Whats interesting about the building if you drive behind it there is a house they had to build the building around. It's like somebody did not sell the Gallery owners were counting on. Check it out. I googled the info below.

Dream

Barbara Davis is pleased to announce the move of Barbara Davis Gallery to its new gallery space at 4411 Montrose beginning April 16, 2005. Premier architect Peter Zweig designed the 4411 building. Lauren Rottet, internationally renowned architect-designer, of DMJM Rottet created my gallery space. "It has been a dream of mine to have a space like this for many years," said Barbara Davis. "The gallery has two exhibition spaces. The larger room has the feeling of a kunsthalle and will allow me to do larger projects. The entry exhibition space is also quite large, but has an unusual intimacy to it."

But there's still room for creativity past the CVS site, where former Enron executive Jeff Shankman is building an art gallery at 4411 Montrose.

Designed by Houston architect Peter Zweig, the two-story structure is going up on the old Pope Christmas Tree lot.

• 4 months later...

i did get a chance to check out the architecture, the back is the most interesting to me, in fact i wish i lived in that house! What's interesting is the scale at the back, very remeniscent of the new modern by ando in ft.worth.

I did however notice some issues regarding the connecting bridge. It seems either the site wasn't graded to perfection or the there's an inherent tension in the design b/c despite the expansion joints there are a few cracks in the finish floor leading to the three most prestigous gallery tennents on the 2nd floor (anya tish, barbara davis, & ? werbly like art store)

• The title was changed to Anya Tish Gallery At 4411 Montrose Blvd.

Archived