Houston Will Soon Be In Atomic Ranch

texasdago

If you received the latest issue of Atomic Ranch, they mention their trips to Houston in a couple of spots. It looks like one Memorial Bend house will be featured at the end of the year - a cool flat-roof modern that a few of us, including SpaceAge have seen. It looks like several Houston houses will also appear in a book they are going to publish next year. Very cool!

Also - stolitx, your light switches are famous.

If you received the latest issue of Atomic Ranch, they mention their trips to Houston in a couple of spots.  It looks like one Memorial Bend house will be featured at the end of the year - a cool flat-roof modern that a few of us, including SpaceAge have seen.  It looks like several Houston houses will also appear in a book they are going to publish next year.  Very cool!

Also - stolitx, your light switches are famous.

I know! And thanks to this forum I got a few replacements too!

Now I just have to finish a few projects and get some photos done. I'd love to submit some pics the their homeowner's section.

I can't wait to see the issue and book with the Houston homes.

At some point, I need to photograph our light switches and switch plates as I need help tracking them down.  They're push-button lights.

Are they the big round buttons, like an inch in diameter? Push-on, push again to turn off?

I've seen those scattered through mostly higher end contemporary houses from the late 50's. I'm not sure but I thought some of them glowed when turned off.

Very cool, but don't know who made these.

At some point, I need to photograph our light switches and switch plates as I need help tracking them down.  They're push-button lights.

Also, definitely send your house to the home page section...

I made a step towards flooring, samples of Armstrong VCT are on the way. Just waiting until Fall for the equity loan. Then the floors, pool resurfacing and small kitchen updating will be done and ready for photos.

Are your push button light switches like the reproductions in the Rejuvenation catalog? The have the reproductions of my dining light fixture. But unfortunately not my switches.

i'm thinking about subscribing to atomic ranch.  i realize that i can subscribe online; however, i'm wondering......would barnes & noble or borders carry atomic ranch?  i'd like to peruse it's pages.

Not Barnes & Nobels, but I hunted for a while and finally found an independent that stocks it as a regular item. The name is Issue Magazine Store, on Shepherd just north of Richmond. It's on the East side of the street, backing up to an MW Cleaners.

BTW, I was just in a couple of days ago and they don't have any in stock right now. New issue is due out soon though.

I made a step towards flooring, samples of Armstrong VCT are on the way. 

For anyone who's seen the floor in the Wilson house in Temple (the white on black pattern), Armstrong still makes the narrow 'feature strips' that divide the tiles, although they are special order. The bricks are 3 tiles X 2 tiles, and the Armstrong tile color is Polar White, with Black feature strips.

I have a friend who duplicated this look in his house recently. The look is REALLY cool, and he has found that the surface is easy to maintain, even without a wax coating. His dog likes it too.

To see the floor go here,

http://www.wilsonart.com/corporate/history...wilsonhouse.asp

choose the "WilsonArt Slide Show" and look at the 2nd slide.

Not Barnes & Nobels, but I hunted for a while and finally found an independent that stocks it as a regular item.  The name is Issue Magazine Store, on Shepherd just north of Richmond.  It's on the East side of the street, backing up to an MW Cleaners.

BTW, I was just in a couple of days ago and they don't have any in stock right now.  New issue is due out soon though.

thank you

Something to think about...

Especially with "small" magazines like the amazing Atomic Ranch, it is always better to subscribe than to pick up from the store. Often magazine distributors go out of business and stiff the magazines out of a lot of money. Even if the mags get paid, they have to share money with the store and the distributors. When someone subscribes they support the magazine directly. What a great magazine Atomic Ranch is. I look forward to it every quarter.

Jason

Archived