Aspen Student Housing Complex At MLK & Old Spanish Trl.

I ended  waiting for an Uber at the train station letter one night at this corner. It didn't seem that sketchy to me. Doesn't UH also own that wooded lot across OST to the North? 

I seem to remember the west side of campus being notoriously sketchy 10 years ago. But that hasn't stopped a lot of development along Scott including tons of retail, sports venues and new housing at Scott and Elgin.

This isn't UT but the only way for this area to progress is brave pioneers to stick thier toe in and let the rest of us know that it is ok to jump in.

If this was around when I was at UH I would not mind staying there at all.

• 1 month later...

My daughter has some friends here and they all seem to like it. Meanwhile, the Vue continues to disappoint. No way we're going back there next year. Her car window was smashed in for the third time... in the damn garage. 

What blows my mind is how many young UH women live in the Mosaic/Montage on Alameda and the Skyhouses downtown! There's a lot more $ at UH than when I was there in the 90s!

• 8 months later...
On 7/28/2018 at 2:33 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

This looks nice. UH sure did spark a lot of infrastructure and development changes on MLK.

That's a good thing.  MLK St. should not be run down and tacky.  Also UofH should be a premier area in the city along with TSU so the development is welcomed.  

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Aspen Student Housing Complex At MLK & Old Spanish Trl.

Archived