Even More New Haif Ads

editor

Up until this point I thought you were joking... :P

Let me put it this way:

I arrived at Starbucks at 6:30 this morning.

It's now 1:34.

I have lost count of the number of white chocolate mochas I've consumed.

I'm a little hyper.

Blame the coffee.

It's now 1:34.

I really, really wish it was 4.34.

I have lost count of the number of white chocolate mochas I've consumed.

Good God, man. Do you know how calories are in a white mocha?? For your sake, I hope you didn't get it with whipped cream and, if it was a grande, 3 pumps instead of 4. (Mentioning "whipped cream" in the same thread that contains pictures of a swimsuit model is quite possibly a bad idea at this point.)

You should've just gone all out and done breve. :P

I'm familiar with Vente, Grande, Tall, and the hidden-behind-the-counter Short.  What's a Breve?

Breve: Made with Half-and-Half. From what I understand, different regions have different names for different milk combinations. For all I know, in Chicago, to order a drink made with half-and-half, you probably say, "And I'd like that heart-attack style, please."

When I feel like being a jerk I'll order a "Vente hazlenut organic extra whip white chocolate mocha in a for-here cup."

Now I've got to figure out how to work "Breve" into that.

Reminds me of the cheesecake shakes at Katz's on Westheimer: "It's a heart attack in a glass!"

When I feel like being a jerk I'll order a "Vente hazlenut organic extra whip white chocolate mocha in a for-here cup." 

Now I've got to figure out how to work "Breve" into that.

Ha. :lol: Did someone teach you the call or did you figure it out from the boxes on the side of the cup in what order to say it?

It would be "Vente, Hazlenut, Breve, Extra Whip, White Mocha" (Or V, H, B, XWC, WM if you would like to be technical.)

Ha. :lol: Did someone teach you the call or did you figure it out from the boxes on the side of the cup in what order to say it?

It would be "Vente, Hazlenut, Breve, Extra Whip, White Mocha" (Or V, H, B, XWC, WM if you would like to be technical.)

It always blows the counter guy's mind when I ask for, "Coffee. Regular, plain coffee."

Which one are you at, Kirz, so we can all come torment you with freaky orders?  :P

I was over on Mason Rd. I'm gone now, though. Being dragged mercilessly back to My Olde Kentucky Home. And sorry, Red, but nothing beats "Vente, Breve, 8 Splenda, No Foam, No Water Chai Latte." There's also "Vente, 6 pump Vanilla, Nonfat, 3 Sweet'N'Low Latte." Of course, I could keep this up all day. It's the really complex orders that are easy to remember. :D

There was a helpful pamphlet in the store once and you could mark off different options to help you assemble an order. Until you got your confidence up it suggested you show the completed brochure to the barista. There was even a handy tear-out cheat sheet in the back.

There was a helpful pamphlet in the store once and you could mark off different options to help you assemble an order.

I almost forgot about that little book. Although we tended to be more selective and handed them out to people who would pull up directly to our drive-thru window (naturally, during peak hours, cutting everyone else off) who had 1) never been to Starbucks before and 2) never been through a drive-thru before. Lexington sucks.

• 3 months later...