Walmart

PureAuteur

I will never shop at Wal-Mart again. I don't care if there is no other store for 100 miles. I will drive the 100 miles. For anyone not aware, a shoplifter was held to the concrete ground on his stomach with no shirt on for 30 minutes by employees. It was at least 95 degrees outside, so the ground must have been scorching hot. He quit breathing and died. :angry:

I think after the incident a couple days ago in Atascocita, Wal-Mart ought to consider changing its slogan...

"If you steal even a cent, you'll feel hot cement!"

I will never shop at Wal-Mart again.  I don't care if there is no other store for 100 miles.  I will drive the 100 miles.  For anyone not aware, a shoplifter was held to the concrete ground on his stomach with no shirt on for 30 minutes by employees.  It was at least 95 degrees outside, so the ground must have been scorching hot.  He quit breathing and died.    :angry:

I think after the incident a couple days ago in Atascocita, Wal-Mart ought to consider changing its slogan...

"If you steal even a cent, you'll feel hot cement!"

No one I know likes Walmart. They are a plague!

Who's keeping them in business.

Wtf? :blink: They aren't the police.. What right does Rent-A-Cop-Wal-Mart-Style have to tackle a shoplifter?

Ralph Witherspoon, president of Witherspoon Security Consulting in Cleveland, Ohio, said there should be less of an incentive to pursue and struggle with suspects who do not take merchandise with them.
No f---ing way, Sherlock. He walked out with a pair of $8 sunglasses that cost Wal-Mart $2? I much prefer the way Meijer handles shoplifters - "microwaving" they call it. Essentially, they stalk you. They follow you around the store dressed in plain clothes and then employees in uniforms are called to walk up to the supposed shop-lifter and question them; "Are you looking for something in particular, sir?" "How can I help you today, ma'am?" Generally, they get so freaked out, they drop whatever and run out of the store. No physical contact involved.

No one I know likes Walmart. They are a plague!

Who's keeping them in business.

According to Wal-Mart's numbers, it appears to be 1 out of every 3 of us.

"With 3,600 stores in the United States and roughly 100 million customers walking through the doors each week, Wal-Mart has access to information about a broad slice of America - from individual Social Security and driver's license numbers to geographic proclivities for Mallomars, or lipsticks, or jugs of antifreeze. The data are gathered item by item at the checkout aisle, then recorded, mapped and updated by store, by state, by region."

That's 100 mil per week. So, if you figure that a lot of people don't go every week, it is probably 150 to 200 million people using their stores. And, BTW, only the entry level items are low priced. They hook you with the loss leader, but sell you the marked up middle or upper level item. Neat trick.

Interesting that this Wal-Mart apparently had cameras inside the restroom to see what this customer was doing, but when one of their own janitors molests a child in a restroom, no one knew anything about it.  ;)

Hmm, I wonder what the security gaurds do with the "Ladies Room" tape? sell it on the internet. I had no clue those big chain stores had camera in there.

Interesting that this Wal-Mart apparently had cameras inside the restroom to see what this customer was doing, but when one of their own janitors molests a child in a restroom, no one knew anything about it.  ;)

I don't think there are cameras in restrooms. This is the employees' justification for their actions. But, notice a witness said he had only the sunglasses, suggesting the employees made up the tag changing story.

If they do have cameras in the bathroom, I don't see the ACLU hasn't gone after them yet. This pack of rabid lawyers seem to go after everything.

Also, doesn't if bother anyone they people jump on Wal-Mart for this guys death, but know puts forth that he wouldn't be in the situation if he did steal to begin with? If this guy was innocent, the story would be completely different.

About pricing: All Wal-Mart products are placed on a three tier pricing system. The product will be either three of the prices. I found this out during college and used it to my advantage. If you shop there regularly and just watch prices on common items, you can find out when they are the lowest.

If they do have cameras in the bathroom, I don't see the ACLU hasn't gone after them yet.  This pack of rabid lawyers seem to go after everything.

Are you suggesting that cameras in restrooms are a good thing? I would rather appreciate a pack of rabid lawyers going after a merchant who watches me take a dump.

And killing a guy who stole a pair of cheap sunglasses? Isn't that a bit harsh? Hope they don't mistake you for a thief.

^^^

That Wal-Mart is just another suburban Wal-Mart in Mexico City. No different than one built out in the Woodlands.

I don't want cameras in the bathroom. I'm just surprised that if they do exist the ACLU has gone after it.

It sounds like the "handcuff the hands behind the back and pin the guy face-down" is not such a good restraining tactic. Maybe they need to re-train their security not to use such a dangerous maneuver. There's got to be a safer alternative.

And why did this idiot resist in the first place? The first thing any sober person should do when confronted by arresting officers is to COOPERATE TO THE FULLEST. This guy apparently tried to run, struggle, and fight back. If he had just thrown his hands in the air and walked quietly with the cops back into the store when they called his name, I wonder if this horrible tragedy would have been avoided altogether.

• The title was changed to Walmart

Archived