• Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we have as many votes as we're going to get.

Unfortunately, need to figure out what a "weekend" is, and if that includes a friday night dinner. so that's also on the table.

I can attend either, so I will assue a saturday Dinner or Linner would do?

Also, is everyone kosher with the eating locations named so far?

Well, it looks like "Weekend Dinner" got the most votes, so I would say a Saturday night dinner.

I am not familiar with all of the places mentioned above, but anything that is centrally located will work. I would suggest someplace that will allow separate checks or where you can order/pay at the counter. Maybe Jax Grill? Mission Burrito? Niko Niko's? Les Girval's Sandwich or Kaldi Sandwich, if they are open for dinner?

I guess we have as many votes as we're going to get.

Unfortunately, need to figure out what a "weekend" is, and if that includes a friday night dinner. so that's also on the table.

I can attend either, so I will assue a saturday Dinner or Linner would do?

Also, is everyone kosher with the eating locations named so far?

I would veto Niko Niko's since its always jammed and loud and only has booths. Other places sounded OK. I'll add Buffalo Grille at Buffalo Speedway and Bissonet.

The seperate checks shouldn't be an issue. Just pay a little more what you ordered and the rest will be "Tip"

We need someplace good, but an area where we can easily spot eachother.

NikoNiko's is nice, but you can get lost in there quickly unless we ALL meet outside, which isn't appealing.

I could make an arrangement with shanghai river and book the conference room. :)

Or, how about Cafe Express on W. Grey. They have Counter Service and a Bar.

Anything will be fine... just pick a place and a Saturday...say the 29th at 6:30 (before the rush).

With a group of 20 or more you can call a place and get freebie appetizers, etc. should a bunch of cocktails be sold. I'm just sayin'.

Maple Leaf Pub on Elgin asked us to meet there. Maybe there's a chance.

ASKED??

Does he know of our humble little group, or do you just HAPPEN to live near it? :)

Realistically, I only expect about 10 or so to show up. The schedules always seem to come into play with our group happenings.

There's a cute little taco truck on Harrisburg just east of Lockwood, right next to the "El Pozo" car wash and "washateria" (I always liked that word). They were able to get thier licence re-issued again, and the food is quite good. And it is also very convenient because there is a Metro bus stop right next door, with direct connections to many of the Canal and Navigation Blvd. destinations. Granted, you sometimes have to be careful with these types of places I'm sure. But this one "seems" to be ok. Interested?

Anyone?

Unless a bar is on the list, I don't think that will be an issue.

I think, I'm starting to lean towards something in the montrose (mings, Day's a meal, D&R) to something in Rice village to something in along main. I think that would be fair to the majority of the people on here.

Unless a bar is on the list, I don't think that will be an issue.

I think, I'm starting to lean towards something in the montrose (mings, Day's a meal, D&R) to something in Rice village to something in along main. I think that would be fair to the majority of the people on here.

Well most places that are resteraunts/cafes have a bar, and there is not a problem... But if its a place that is a bar, that serves food, then there might be one. (i.e. the Tavern on Waugh @ W. Gray)

i would go but i think i am the youngest dude here....would feel a little uncomfortable

I think you should come anyway. At the last mixer the age group was varied. The more the merrier.

So...let's "get off the pot" and make a decision. If the 29th is not good.. then Aug. 5th.

I too would prefer counter service. History shows that if everyone is on one tab, then the last person to leave usually gets left paying more than their fair share. But if you guys (and gals) are OK with that possibility, then I'm game.

Little Papasito's on Kirby & Richmond sounds great.... Can we make a decision?

Ricco.

You started this... I think you should pick a place, and that's that. You've had enough responses to determine what part of town most people would prefer and what type of restaurant.

Once you have decided.. start a new poll thread with the decided location in the subject ( to let people know where has bene settled) .. the new poll will determine the day most likely to get the most people.

Then give that new poll ( with much less options ) a few days then make a decision already.

Just seems, if we keep going the way we are, nothing will get decided anytime soon... and since this was your great idea, it's on you to make a timely decision :P

ASKED??

Does he know of our humble little group, or do you just HAPPEN to live near it? :)

Realistically, I only expect about 10 or so to show up. The schedules always seem to come into play with our group happenings.

Actually, you might be surprised, there were 15 or so toward the end of our last one... we had a great time, ensuring that some of the chickens who didn't go last time will come this time :D

Wouldn't it make sense to choose a place that has free wi-fi ? I probably wouldn't attend anyway, but I'm

suprised this is never mentioned when discussing places to meet.

yeah! we can all bring our laptops, and type at each other!!!

Dont throw up in your mouths on this suggestion, but La Tapatia on Richmond has huge tables that can seat the entire group, everything is cheap so the last person is only stuck with 10 tab. Then for the drunks, hit a bar, any bar.

Archived