Anadarko Tower III

Urbannizer

2 hours ago, jgriff said:

Wow, this guy needs to watch what he says. Sounds like he is desperately trying to defend this purchase. Selling corporate jets is one thing but announcing job cuts to the public at this stage is not wise. He just made every person that works for these companies start thinking about moving to another company. The best people will leave before the layoffs start and then you are left with the rest. Their competitors will now start actively poaching the best people they have. Anadarko staff will stop working and start polishing resumes and making calls. Amateur hour.

Anyone who hadn't already figured out there would be job cuts is not a person they should worry about losing.

7 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Anyone who hadn't already figured out there would be job cuts is not a person they should worry about losing.

I’m in the middle of my third merger/buyout in 2 years. We didn’t have any layoffs on the first one and upper management is telling us we won’t  have any on this one either. The current one is creating a company with around 60k employees. I have 60 who work for me, we’ll be merging with a group around the same size. We plan no layoffs and are in fact hiring right now. A big reason behind the merger is getting the employees of the other company. Good employees in the energy sector are extremely difficult to find. We’ve been told over and over again to make sure that our staff know that this merger does not pose a threat to their jobs. A company with 10s of thousands of employees can reduce staff through attrition in a merger that is probably going to last years. You don’t need to have mass layoffs and it’s really stupid to announce them far more n advance if you’re going to do it. 

27 minutes ago, jgriff said:

I’m in the middle of my third merger/buyout in 2 years. We didn’t have any layoffs on the first one and upper management is telling us we won’t  have any on this one either. The current one is creating a company with around 60k employees. I have 60 who work for me, we’ll be merging with a group around the same size. We plan no layoffs and are in fact hiring right now. A big reason behind the merger is getting the employees of the other company. Good employees in the energy sector are extremely difficult to find. We’ve been told over and over again to make sure that our staff know that this merger does not pose a threat to their jobs. A company with 10s of thousands of employees can reduce staff through attrition in a merger that is probably going to last years. You don’t need to have mass layoffs and it’s really stupid to announce them far more n advance if you’re going to do it. 

Neither "job cuts" nor "reducing people" necessarily mean layoffs.  

Archived