Could this type of format work in Houston

tiger198619

Recently I download the i heart radio app, while browsing everything they had to offer i came across WLGX-FM out of Louisville, KY which plays a 90's variety format, and i liked what i was hearing. I know that we use to have 92.1 doing this kind of format which wasnt around for a long time, but do you think it could work now as it has been a few years since that format was on the air in houston.

http://www.genxlouisville.com/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLGX

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe 100% Oldies formats, even "recent" Oldies, have ever worked well in Houston. I can remember only one that made money - Oldies 105 -  And it went away years ago.

Stations that play Oldies now don't list them as their primary format. They mix them in with the genres that make their money and keep them on the air. Many people say they love listening to Oldies, but they can't be found when the ratings are measured.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe 100% Oldies formats, even "recent" Oldies, have ever worked well in Houston. I can remember only one that made money - Oldies 105 -  And it went away years ago.

Stations that play Oldies now don't list them as their primary format. They mix them in with the genres that make their money and keep them on the air. Many people say they love listening to Oldies, but they can't be found when the ratings are measured.

That cannot be said about Country Legends.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That cannot be said about Country Legends.

No it can't. Country Legends is the perfect format for 97-1, given its location near Cleveland. Nothing else ever worked on the frequency, flipping numerous times until CL debuted. Only way Legends dies on 97-1, is if another broadcaster flips one of the Mo. City sticks to the format, and that doesn't appear likely.

Archived