Spin off of TowerSpotters topic/ architects

This topic idea came to me after following TowerSpotters HTown tower design forum. If you could have just ONE major architect build something in Houston, who would it be, and what would it be? Pour example- Frank Gehry/ Universal house of Prayer. Classic Gehry; crumpled metal with flowing glass, surrounded by some sort of water feature. :)

I'd take Cass Gilbert (Woolworth Building) doing something, or William Van Alen (Chrsyler Building) or anything by Henry Hobson Richardson buildings of note over anything by any modern architect.  That said - I've always like Herzog & de Meuron.  So maybe a noteworthy building for UH or St Thomas from them?  Perhaps the Blaffer could have been free standing, or St Thomas could have commissioned a new art school or some other building with a scale in keeping to their school (not those Kirksey abominations hovering over W. Alabama and the oak canopy of the school and Menil campus).

Maybe a Gehry building for the Museum of Health and Medical Science?  Or, a really cool standalone planitarium afiliated with the HMNS that is its own building with dedicated astronomy exhibits and a nice theater?

Archived