Fall Creek Vs. Summerwood Vs. Kingwood

wordgirl

LOL!

Pretty Easy! And yes, there are few beers in my belly as evidenced by my typos!

But like someone has said before, this freeway is built for speed!

I am just worried about the "forest" you see after you hit 610 headed north. The new Home Depot at Tidwell wiped out A TON.

We need to figure out a way to save them when this side of town starts to grow.

• 10 months later...

Update: We finally got off the pot and sold our house in Garden Oaks. Looks like we are going to be neighbors Midtown Coog. We are moving to the Laurel Oaks section of Fall Creek. While we are sad to say goodbye to GO, I have to admit we are excited to be moving into a brand new house that doesn't require constant repair! And at least for the moment, the commute is about the same for my husband who works downtown! If it ever gets too bad, he has the option of the park and ride.

Thanks for all your help and advice folks!

:)

Thanks. Garden Oaks is great, but three bedroom houses in good shape and under 3K are getting hard to come by.

Plus they are tearing down houses left and right.

Looks like my daughter will have plenty of kids to play with up there!

Is it any scarier than Independence Heights, North Shepherd and Acres Homes near where I live? I just try not to drive in those areas.

The only thing 'scary' about any of those places is that they have lots of black and/or poor people. No one is going to bother you unless you bother them.

don't believe everything you read that is meant to scare you.

If you drive through Audubohn, that's pretty much all that's going to happen. You'll drive through... Same with Independence Heights, North Shepard, and Acres Homes.

If you go to any of those places, as someone unfamiliar, and start messing around or causing trouble, you could be in trouble. But most (probably over 90%) of the 'trouble' you hear about in those neighborhoods, or most other 'ghetto' or 'bad' neighborhoods happens between people who know each other or are familiar with each other.

I live near Acres Homes. My wife drove through it in her shiny new Volvo every day - no problem - ever. She also drove down North Shepard. No problems - ever.

Independence Heights is right next to GO, so you know about it. Have you had any problems with GO? Nope. You have probably heard of problems, but never seen anything other than poor people.

Stop worrying and enjoy Houston. Even the 'ghetto' parts have some character to them.

Edited by TAK

My husband and I are going to be moving from Garden Oaks (sigh) to the suburbs, because we are priced out of our neighborhood and are in serious need of a bigger house in better shape. I work from home to take care of my baby, but hope to someday return to work in the medical center. My husband works downtown. We are looking at the Northeast neighborhoods of Fall Creek, Summerwood and Kingwood. Any opinions on which is best? We are hoping to avoid too long of a commute and too many raving rednecks (non raving rednecks are OK). :)

My thought is, in for a penny, in for a pound........

If you're have to make the drive, make it worth it. I don't know how good the new school in Atascosita will be so I can't comment. Kingwood High School, however, is as good as it gets for the area and is a sure thing.

Having grown up in that area, I am still amazed when I go back and see the development along beltway 8 east of 59. I always thought it was owned by various oil companies and would never get developed. Don't forget, Exxon used to be called Humble Oil company, and parts of that area used to be oilfields in the early 20th century.

^^Yeah, it is really scary when there are a lot of black people in a neighborhood.

:rolleyes:

Tell me about it! I'm the ONLY white guy within at least a mile radius of my house. There are lots of black people in my neighborhood (something like 98%).

I'm in constant fear. :lol: When I say I'm white, I mean WHITE...almost as white as Bill White. :P You can imagine my predicament. ;)

Tell me about it! I'm the ONLY white guy within at least a mile radius of my house. There are lots of black people in my neighborhood (something like 98%).

I'm in constant fear. :lol: When I say I'm white, I mean WHITE...almost as white as Bill White. :P You can imagine my predicament. ;)

Are you being serious?

• 2 months later...

I own in the back of a gorgeous cudlesac in Kingwood (Bear Branch Village), surrounded by 200 acre nature preserve with great access to 75 miles of community greenbelt trails. Close to Lake Houston and walking distance to three large grocery stores (HEB, Signature Kroegers, and a Safe that is being remodled. Also walking distance the the Kingwood Library, Le Madeleines, Starbucks, Skeeters BBQ, great French restasurant, Chinese, Fudruckers, Kingwood Art School, my dentist, and acupuncturist. Active in Country Club and Kingwood Athletic lub, also close by.

EagleSprings, Fall Creek, and Summerwood, do not compare