Wow, finally got on the Westpark Tollway from Alief into West Loop, and the connecting flyover 59 is one heck of a view to see all of Houston. We really are a garden city. That flyover is pretty dang high and kinda scary when you realize its so thin a strip of concrete. Still breath taking nonetheless.

I-45 Guf FW, NB, towards BW8 west.

The ramp seems to be a mile long, and is pretty high...

One can see downtown, most of the other skylines, etc. When I drove on it a few days ago, the time of day/lighting made for a pretty interesting effect- the skylines were black outlines, rising above some forests, and smog/fog/etc. The sky was a mix of orange, blue, and grey hues, and rays of light were shooting down from the dark clouds above. The approach to the stack was pretty awesome as well, due the the massive size- it was as if the stack were some sort twisted skyline all in itself.

I also like the stretch of US59, as it goes over Westpark. One moment, you are struggling to climb a hill of concrete, and the next moment, the massive uptown skyline explodes into view. The first time I actually cared about architecture (or cared about going into the city, since I was a young child), I was like..."OM...WHOA!".

Of course, one must not forget I45, SB, from 610, to downtown. The skyline continues to grow larger, and larger, until you zip right past it. The view is so awesome, that it might be hard for me to keep my eyes on the road if I ever had to drive that route. :P

• The title was changed to Westpark Tollway View