Great Southwest Tower/Texas Tower

Texas Tower (Sterling Building) has been vacant for lo these these many years.  No word if the site will be incorporated into the 609 Main project.

Any idea when it was last occupied? Has to be sometime in the 90's at best.

The Great Southwest building is ~3 blocks from the contiguous tunnel system (Fulbright tower).  If one were to connect the new HSPVA block to the Houston Center garage via skywalk, there would be only one block to cover with another tunnel/skywalk, but I'm guessing that they will not add in public access/through points to the HSPVA campus.

Any idea when it was last occupied? Has to be sometime in the 90's at best.

The Great Southwest building is ~3 blocks from the contiguous tunnel system (Fulbright tower).  If one were to connect the new HSPVA block to the Houston Center garage via skywalk, there would be only one block to cover with another tunnel/skywalk, but I'm guessing that they will not add in public access/through points to the HSPVA campus.

I vaguely recall there were some dodgy businesses there around the late 1980s, so early 1990s is probably about right. 

The Shamrock Tower that was earlier planned for the Hines site built around the Sterling Building/Texas Tower, and I haven't heard anything about it being sold, so I just kind of assumed that Hines would build around it as well. 

• The title was changed to Great Southwest Tower/Texas Tower