Cnn Article On Houston

Take the 610 Loop south from there to see what was once called "The Eighth Wonder of the World," but don't be surprised if you miss the aging Astrodome at first glance as it sits sadly in the shadow of the sparkling $449 million Reliant Stadium, home to the Houston Texans.

:(

if it doesn't sparkle or have the bling - $cha-ching$ factor, then it isn't welcome here.

it's the houston way :blink:

you can't have a decent time at astroworld for under $20 - or buy anything at the galleria for that little.

i suppose that's why the article is entitled "fun on a budget"  :rolleyes:

lol you cant even enter the park for 20 bucks...unless you have a season pass or about 20 coke cans...once youre there you have the usual 6.50 hot dogs and whatnot

spacecenter houston is as follows:

Adults $17.95

Children (4-11) $13.95

Seniors $16.95

Parking $4.00

eh

Discounts for Space Center Houston are plentiful, though. McDonalds has coupons, there's usually coupons in the Chronicle as well. In fact, there's a half price deal in Sunday's Zest. Apparently, it's like pizza- nobody pays full price!

Guest DoIreallycare

I wouldn't never mention to tourist about Astroworld. I rather tell them to go to NASA space center, kemah broadwalk, or woodlands town center.

Discounts for Space Center Houston are plentiful, though.  McDonalds has coupons, there's usually coupons in the Chronicle as well.  In fact, there's a half price deal in Sunday's Zest.  Apparently, it's like pizza- nobody pays full price!

i'll be sure to tell my out-of-town friends to gather coke cans and newspaper clippings when they visit :rolleyes: