1 out of 6 bridges in Texas is "functionally obsolete"

Yes, let's absolutely discourage innovation in the car industry. Innovation is bad. More efficient cars are extremely bad. Absolutely the worst thing that could happen is development of efficient electric cars. Because if we reduce the cost of car ownership and the carbon impact of those cars, we aren't going to have reasons to get rid of them.

Electric cars aren't cheap, and all this does is make infrastructure revolve around the automobile which is unfortunate.

Electric cars aren't cheap, and all this does is make infrastructure revolve around the automobile which is unfortunate.

The automobile is here to stay. Anyone who believes differently is smoking something or is just engaged in wishful thinking. The future is in more efficient iterations of the automobile. This is like having a conversation about how vinyl is making a comeback and is going to lead to the elimination is digital music.

The below description includes road base repairs, so I would tentatively say yes.

Per the state comptroller's website:

Highway system maintenance includes roadway surface improvement, road base repairs, bridge and drainage structure inspection and maintenance and road sign and traffic signal repair. It also encompasses litter cleanup, roadside mowing, rest area maintenance and the repair of damage caused by floods, hurricanes and other disasters.

Maybe things like repairing potholes, but I don't think total reconstruction is in there, considering that the 290 project will cost upwards of 3 billion dollars, more than the entire budget for 80,000 miles of roads.

Maybe things like repairing potholes, but I don't think total reconstruction is in there, considering that the 290 project will cost upwards of 3 billion dollars, more than the entire budget for 80,000 miles of roads.

Like most government budgets, I'm sure the way this one is put together would require a lot of study before anyone could figure out exactly what it includes.

All this talk about cars has me wanting to go look at new cars. I promise to get an efficient one if I buy one.    :)

please consider a subscription to the Samagon Planet Saving periodical.

We believe that only through using the available resources before other countries get a chance to can we better save the environment, since we know the most clean ways to burn these fuels.

Ipso facto, buy the most gas hungry car you can to save the planet, I know it seems counter intuitive, but it's the only way.

All this talk about cars makes me want to go get one of these.

Camaro-Classic-Muscle-Car.jpg

Eight gallons to the mile, baby!

^^ one of my subscribers.

please consider a subscription to the Samagon Planet Saving periodical.

We believe that only through using the available resources before other countries get a chance to can we better save the environment, since we know the most clean ways to burn these fuels.

Ipso facto, buy the most gas hungry car you can to save the planet, I know it seems counter intuitive, but it's the only way.

^^ one of my subscribers.

If we really want to save the planet, then everyone else needs to ride the bus so the streets clear out and I can drive my Camaro in peace and comfort. Plus that will reduce the load on the obsolete bridges. It's a win-win. ;)

Too late. Got this instead.

2013_mini_countryman_john_cooper_works-p

I am familiar with the ways of making cars less efficient specifically to protect the environment. We'll need to start by replacing your back seats with an overbored big block, and a piece of plexiglass to protect you and your passenger from noxious fumes. This will have 2 effects, firstly and most importantly, your car will be far less efficient, secondly it will make it faster than a stabbed rat, and by changing the drive configuration from FWD, to a mid engine RWD setup, it will handle better as well.

Archived