What will Houston look like in 2017?

Naviguessor

So, we will have New Terminal B at IAH, a new Internationl Terminal at Hobby. Buffalo Bayou and Hermann park will continue to improve, Disco Green will have at least one new Big hotel, a couple new high rises downtown and on Post Oak...etc. At least. But really needs to happen prior that hasn't been announced?

I believe the following will be discussed or planned.

1. Lower Westheimer streets will be improved.

2. BRT from DT to Uptown.

3. The Dome. Something will be done. Good...or Bad. Love the idea of stripping down to the frame and turning it into a park/collision type venue (I can imagine awesome Pink Floyd type concerts. Anyway...

4. Bet we see a couple big hotel announcements.

5. The Sears won't be here.

What else do y'all think?

I would be alright with the Sears still being there if they ditch that horrible 1960s look and update it to a more modern look. when i'm riding north on 59/69 and look to the left and look at Midtown, the Sears, Fiesta, and HCC building all stick out like sore thumbs.

I'm all for preservation, but the surroundings are changing. It doesn't look good in this area anymore.

I think the city should help/encourage developers to take out several of those apartment complexes on South Main (and around Reliant) to put in more eating and entertainment options. It would create another entertainment district around the entire Reliant complex that would serve those visitors that don't want to ride on the rail to get somewhere (they could just walk across the street)... and could have a lasting impact as they are used year round for events at Reliant.

Archived