Union Bar & Lounge At 2708 Bagby St.

HTexas

If a bar is going to have live music then that bar should have the proper sound proofing of their building so that people outside of that bar CAN'T hear anything.

For all of you saying "Well you moved in knowing there was a bar nearby", what if you lived in a neighborhood for over 20+ years and then one day someone decides to turn the house next to yours into a bar. How are you going to feel then? 

How many of the people in the red townhouses lived in Midtown in 1993? Were those buildings even made at that time?

Sorry, but the first part of the typical argument, "you're new you can't complain" is just as stupid as the second part, "they were here before you were and have tenure to ignore ordinances or laws that have not been enforced."

To the homeowner: You knew what you were getting into when you bought.

To a nuisance business: You knew what you were getting away with before people started complaining.

• 5 months later...

I have to agree...that cinder block wall doesn't help the bar and the lack of parking isn't great. I was excited for OTC Midtown. Sounded like they would have some good food in addition to drinks. I didn't see the reference on Facebook as to a grand opening. Passing by with nothing on the marquee and no signs of opening, I thought they may have run out of money before opening up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to New Union Bar?
  • The title was changed to Union Bar & Lounge At 2708 Bagby St.