Yale Street Market: Retail Center At 195 Yale St.

samagon

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the LA fitness tent guys are telling it, last may, august, december etc...

I live nearby and have given up on trying to figure out that timeline. I'm more concerned with the replacement of the yale bridge. Going to be a nightmare. Just in time for them to open up the additional bike trail along white oak.

• 4 months later...

Any idea what the hold up is on completing the LA Fitness? Looks like they are 95% complete, but appears the thing has been at a stand still for months. Is this a function of the Yale Bridge demolition/rebuild and/or other issues? Overall, this strip center is a disappointment compared to the original renderings. Especially the afterthought of a building housing Mattress Firm/Sprint on the east side. Horrible how the butt of that structure faces Yale. The admirable attempt to soften things a bit with the Heights graffiti comes off as an epic fail. Similar disregard to streetscape as the other retail on the east side of the Walmart complex, rear of buildings facing the street.

I live very close to here and haven't heard anything in a long time.  Seemed like there was a retaining wall issue and if past experience is any indicator the flood district has some hand in this halt/slow down.

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting, there has been zero work done on the actual building for months.  This detention area had the materials delivered months ago and it appears the parking surface will extend out over this dentention area to some degree.

Was there an issue with the flood district that slowed down progress?  I can't imagine a GC switch would have a multi qtr impact.

• 4 months later...

Heard some 2nd hand news on this site. There is/was foundation issues and that is what is/was preventing LA fitness to complete.  LA Fitness stopped work and are looking to get out of that location.

All 2nd hand but does seem to make sense.

• The title was changed to Yale Street Market - 195 Yale St
  • The title was changed to Yale Street Market: Retail Center At 195 Yale St.

Archived