How to make new friends.

arndthwrld82

This may seem a little strange but here goes...

I moved to Houston in December because my fiance` is a nurse in the med center. I travel for work and rarely have an opportunity to interact with people locally so I don't know anyone yet. So basically I'm looking for some friends and I really have no idea how to go about it. It's a strange thing to try to make friends as an adult without meeting people through work or school.

I've really grown to love Houston and HAIF has been an invaluable resource for me to get to know my adopted home better. So I figured this would be as good a place as any to start.

A little about me:

Male, 29, engaged

I spent 4 years living in Japan when I served in the Navy, got out and went to UTTyler to finish my bachelors degree.

I like sports, particularly footballl, hockey, and MMA

Enjoy going out for drinks.(love me some bourbon)

Love cracking jokes (the more off-color, the better)

Live music and stand-up comedy are 2 of my favorite things

Music; Robert Earl Keen, Kevin Fowler, Old Crow Medicine Show, Turnpike Troubadours

Comics; Ron White, Louis CK, Joe Rogan, Greg Hahn

Politically; right leaning libertarian (sorta)

Survivalism, love planning for the zombie apocalypse

food, guns, hunting, fishing, normal guy stuff I guess

This has grown entirely too long, but if any one is interested in grabbing a beer sometime or anything else just message me or respond to this post. I'm in west houston but willing to drive.

Thanks for reading

Robert

welcome to HAIF. You sound like a stand-up guy. Watch for any posts on HAIFY happy hours. We should probably do an end of summer/back-to-school one, if for no other reason than to plan our fall meet-up extravaganza. Warning, you will get sucked into endless political, aesthetic and transit debate, but that's sort of the point. Oh, and most of us like our liquor, a number are very well armed, and all have specific ideas on communal living in the post-zombie-apocalypse.

Oh, and most of us like our liquor, a number are very well armed, and all have specific ideas on communal living in the post-zombie-apocalypse.

By the way, the concrete for the zombie fallout shelter was poured today. I still don't know how we were able to get that in the back yard without code enforcement seeing us. :)

Welcome aboard... I myself use the finder for adult friends...

But yeah... I've been looking into some kind of shelter or motor sailboat for when the viruse escapes or the meteor hits or the missle are launched.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived