Casting Call In Houston For ABC's Wife Swap

Sign-up stations will be noon-6 p.m. Monday at Six Flags Splashtown, Tuesday at Galveston's Moody Gardens, Wednesday at Space Center Houston, 1-7 p.m. Thursday at Katy Mills Mall, noon-4 p.m. Thursday at Memorial City Mall, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday at Six Flags AstroWorld and at Minute Maid Park for an afternoon Astros game Saturday.

For more information:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/3249819

If they absolutely must do a stereotype (and there's no doubt they will), I'd rather have a big, boisterous cowboy type who uses his initials as his first name rather than a redneck, Dale Earnhart t-shirt-wearing, Bubba Wayne type. *sigh*

By the way, I've never seen this show.

Some interesting tidbits, only two moms showed up at the Moody Gardens casting call!

At another area casting call, a woman not even from Houston, but from Ohio was able to sign up. She's in town visiting a relative who works for NASA. They were walking by the casting table and the producer convinced her to apply.

The NY based crew also held auditions at a rodeo in Conroe. Wonderful. I bet they'll be the ones to be selected.

I hate this show already.

Here's the article:

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?...e08a5bdfcdcd7c9

I don't know if any of you saw the episode with the lady from Lousisiana who handles aligators and snakes with her husband who was switch with a liberal vegan from Californial.

I know the lady from Louisiana. I've been to her house and know the are she lives in. The one thing that wife-swap never mentioned about her was her background. She has a doctorate in forensic psychology. She is an expert animal trainer who often works on movies in California when reptiles are involved. She actually sign up for the show in California.

I don't normally watch the show, but I watch that one because I knew her.

I hope that the person from Houston they end choosing isn't portrayed as the end all stereotype of Houston. Of course the liberal hollywood types will have to play this up.

I don't know if any of you saw the episode with the lady from Lousisiana who handles aligators and snakes with her husband who was switch with a liberal vegan from Californial.

I know the lady from Louisiana.  I've been to her house and know the are she lives in.  The one thing that wife-swap never mentioned about her was her background.  She has a doctorate in forensic psychology.  She is an expert animal trainer who often works on movies in California when reptiles are involved.  She actually sign up for the show in California.

I don't normally watch the show, but I watch that one because I knew her.

I hope that the person from Houston they end choosing isn't portrayed as the end all stereotype of Houston.  Of course the liberal hollywood types will have to play this up.

Wasn't that the one on FOX, I think trading spouses or something. I actually saw that one. I thought it was kind of funny actually, but that is the only one I have seen so I don't know how it measures up to others.

I hope that the person from Houston they end choosing isn't portrayed as the end all stereotype of Houston. Of course the liberal hollywood types will have to play this up.

Yeah I know. That's why I pointed out that this is a New York (of all people)-based crew scouting, of all places, a rodeo in Conroe.

But then here I am stereotyping Conroe.

They're not going to give us the chance. Very frustrating for Houstonians and Texans in general.

I saw the episode with the Cajun couple a while back, I thought it was pretty funny, especially there son. But I can't stand when people try to change other people to accomodate to them like that lady did.

and lmao @ Heights2Bastrop.

Well, I tried, but no luck with the swap I was seeking. The best offer I had was from a guy would swap me his John Deere with mower and various other attachments if I would take his wife off his hands. I decided it wasn

• The title was changed to Casting Call In Houston For ABC's Wife Swap