Home At 10626 Burgoyne Rd.

matty1979

I use th ecounty clerk's site on th elink above. I take the current owners, an dsearch for tham as the grantee, and confirm the lot and block number. I then take the grantor and go through the same steps again with the grantor as the grantee. Watch for changes in spelling.

The County Clerk database can work but it can be clunky - like mentioned above, you can find the earliest owner on HCAD then retro search grantor/grantees and if it's a common name and you get lots of hits, you can use the "Subdivision/Description" field for the neighborhood name (HCAD's "legal description." The older the record, though, the less uniform the entry (names and subdivisions).

City directories will show tenants which could help, too.

I have 1963 and 1976 directories handy - if you PM the address I can give you the information..

Address is 10626 Burgoyne..in Walnut Bend..77042. The furthest back I could find was 8/1971 and Butler was the people's last name.

I would really like to know how to see an original exterior picture of the house. Thanks for the help!

I htink the HCAD build date may be wrong. The first mention I can find for the house is in 1968, when Hill & White, Inc received a Deed of Trust from John and Pauline Mclaggan and gave them a Warranty Deed. There are a number of other transactions in Walnut Bend with Hill & White, so I suspect they might have been builders. I did not see any Butlers as owners, it' s pretty easy to get properties mixed up if you don't make sure you have the correct lot and block.

As for a picture, good luck with that.I would love to have a picture of my house in the 50's, but haven't found one.

^Same here. Hill & White were developers (see here and here) and there was no listing for 10626 in the 1963 directory (it jumps from 10614 to 10630 on that side of the street).

I did find the record for the probable 10614 builder (Fenway Co.) dating to 1962..

Ross, I agree, I've found HCAD to be wrong on a number of occasions.

Earlydays, thanks for the link, interesting. I've found GoogleEarth doesn't work as well as it used to, for getting u close to a particular house, for viewing. This is good.

Walnut Bend is an interesting area. My aunt had a beautiful home in that neighborhood.

Some homes in the neighborhood were featured in the Parade of Homes.

Edited by NenaE

• The title was changed to Home At 10626 Burgoyne Rd.