7 Day Traffic Forecast Software?

This should be quite interesting I wonder if one of the local news services will use this program.

As often as I drive in Houston (1000-1500 miles in a week), I've gotten to be rather good at predicting "patterns" in traffic.

Do you think this is accurate? Are there spots in Houston where traffic accidents are "predictable?"

the news story is here.

It makes a lot of sense to do this. Historical speeds are already available for the freeway segments that are covered in live traffic maps, and there are fairly predictable patterns for date and time for each segments. If they are able to correlate traffic flow data against weather conditions and special events like sports games as well, it might be fairly useful.

This should be quite interesting I wonder if one of the local news services will use this program.

As often as I drive in Houston (1000-1500 miles in a week), I've gotten to be rather good at predicting "patterns" in traffic.

Do you think this is accurate?  Are there spots in Houston where traffic accidents are "predictable?"

the news story is here.

sounds like a bunch of hocus pocus to me. i mean, it is hard enough predicting traffic as it is happening, much less when a random tanker full of ammonia overturns on the I45 when i am leaving work in 6 hours.

Some of you need to try actually reading the article. Nowhere does it say that this system will attempt to predict the occurrence or location of accidents. It merely attempts to predict congestion based on evaluations of historical and recurring trends. Seems very reasonable and do-able.