Nice Analogy Tom

HeightsGuy

Iraq as safe as Houston

OK, let's think up some more quotes for Tom Delay to let people know how safe other war zones are, I'll start:

-All that news of violence in Kabul, it's just a shame, if you were there you'd find it's as safe as it is in Houston.

-All that news of violence in Darfur, it's just a shame, if you were there you'd find it's as safe as it is in Houston.

There probably thinking Houston is pretty ghetto now up there in Washington.

Yeah, I know what Delay means though, yesterday a few cars blew up on my street, some tanks passed by, and a few machine gun bursts could be heard in the distance. But nothing out of the normal, just daily stuff. :D

Should we now adopt Baghdad as a sister city, since we have so much in common? We could exchange useful information, such as how to build a blast deflector that blends with the character of the neighborhood.

BTW, where is our 'Green Zone'?

^^^

That reminds me. Back in the 70s, Houston was known as "Baghdad on the Bayou", a reference to our common oil backgrounds. Maybe Tom was trying to revive the nickname...by showing we are also similar in our fastidiously low crime rates, brought about by high percentage gun ownership in the two cities.

...yeah the AA guns have been on the low down lately...i figure that the bombings will end soon. hopefully they will because i cant take this being woken up at all hours of the night for bomb raids only to wake up and find out my place of work is gone

Archived