New feature: The Member Map

editor

There are a lot of people who are worried about their privacy on the internet. There are also a lot of people who don't lose any sleep over it. Somewhere in between is a feature called HAIF Member Map.

You can access it by clicking the "Member Map" link at the top of any HAIF page, or right here: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/membermap/

This gives you the opportunity to tie a geographic location to your user ID.

In theory, it's supposed to be the location where you are. But not everyone is comfortable with that, or proud of where they live, or they worry about stalkers, bill collectors, jilted buyers from Craigslist, etc... So, like everything else in life, you don't have to be honest.

You can tie your member name to the place where you work. To your favorite restaurant. Or if you just want to represent your neighborhood, you can put a pin at an intersection.

Going on vacation and want to show off? Yep, you can do that, too.

Just click the "Add Location" button and tell it where you are (or where you are not). For example, I typed in "Michigan Avenue & Delaware Place, Chicago, IL" and it put a pin on the last place I lived.

s111.jpg

You can change or delete the location any time you want. And it also works with addresses. Currently my HAIF ID is tied to "1700 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA" -- the location where HAIF gets its mail.

s222.jpg

So, show off where you live, work, or play. You may find out you have a neighbor down the street who is also a HAIFer.

Pretty cool. Couldn't decide if I should put where I live or where I work. Ended up placing my work location. After all I don't want any demented HAIF's to show up where I live. :rolleyes:

You could always put the fringe of where you work! :lol:

Pretty cool. Couldn't decide if I should put where I live or where I work. Ended up placing my work location. After all I don't want any demented HAIF's to show up where I live. :rolleyes:

Wise man. I could tell you some stories about letting demented HAIFers show up where you live.

:lol:

I've removed my marker from the map because since I'm so far away from everyone else who has located themselves so far, it skews the initial view. When some of our EuroHAIFers and other far-flung friends add theirs to balance the map, I'll add mine, too.

DBig.. Won't you beee my neighbor?!?

Your marker reminds me...

[ Tangent ]

Went to Lil Bigs for the 1st time yesterday. Their fries are the bomb.

Went to lunch today at Pappa Genos... an awesome little philly cheessteak place up at Ella and 18th. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

bumpin' it up!  check out the member map.  if you are so inclined, add yourself.  we have members from all over the world.  the current population on the member map is not a drop in the bucket........let us see where you are.  no personal information is posted or accessible.

Archived