Good Subdivision In Richmond Or Sugar Land?

ddttqbt

My husband and I are looking to buy our first house. I am just looking for some ideas cause apparently we have bad luck with realtors. The first one lied to us about a house being sold when it was actually still on the market. The second one required us to have a preapproval letter (not a prequal letter) before he could show us any houses. We called our bank and they said they would not issue a preapproval letter until we locked in our loan. We are just so lost and confused. We have a list of about 10 houses that we would like to see but the realtor didn't want to waste any time until we have the proper paperwork *sigh*

Sorry for the whining but we need to find a house fast because our lease ends in two month.

I can do my own research and am pretty good at finding houses. However, I just moved here 06 months ago and are not familiar with the area.

I am looking for a house in a safe neighborhood anywhere in Sugar Land or Richmond and maybe south Katy. I was considering Eaglewood but had to back out after reading a post here.

I just graduated and is still looking for a job; therefore, anything like Cinco Ranch or Telfair is impossible, although it would be nice to live there :-)

I don't have any kids so school is not a big concern. And our max price is $130,000.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

If you have no kids, then why so far?

She wants a "safe neighborhood".

Honestly, find a decent realtor and narrow it down to a few neighborhoods then come back to the forum and perhaps we could make recommendations of which one would be best. That's a big area your talking about. Lots of affordable housing.

She wants a "safe neighborhood".

Honestly, find a decent realtor and narrow it down to a few neighborhoods then come back to the forum and perhaps we could make recommendations of which one would be best. That's a big area your talking about. Lots of affordable housing.

What's a "safe" neighborhood? One that has high house prices? One that's brand new? One that has a certain demographic?

What's a "safe" neighborhood? One that has high house prices? One that's brand new? One that has a certain demographic?

My thoughts exactly.

So far from what?

Ever think maybe people have jobs outside downtown?

Everything.

Yes.

I usually go by how many burglar bars I see in the area on houses and business. But that's just me.

(or the schools but she indicated they had no children so that wasn't an issue)

I usually go by how many burglar bars I see in the area on houses and business. But that's just me.

(or the schools but she indicated they had no children so that wasn't an issue)

So, does the absence of burglar bars make the neighborhood safe?

Tell that to the victims of all the driveway robberies in Sugar Land!

We have burglar bars in my neighborhood, but we don't have driveway robberies!

So, does the absence of burglar bars make the neighborhood safe?

Tell that to the victims of all the driveway robberies in Sugar Land!

We have burglar bars in my neighborhood, but we don't have driveway robberies!

The only reason you hear about the driveway robberies in Sugar Land is because it's such a rare event it's newsworthy. I cannot tell you how many shootings, assaults, etc I made in Houston that didn't even make the news. Why? Because it happened every damn day and was not newsworthy. You may not have driveway robberies but you probably can't go on vacation without worrying about coming home to a ransacked home. Great life.

The only reason you hear about the driveway robberies in Sugar Land is because it's such a rare event it's newsworthy. I cannot tell you how many shootings, assaults, etc I made in Houston that didn't even make the news. Why? Because it happened every damn day and was not newsworthy. You may not have driveway robberies but you probably can't go on vacation without worrying about coming home to a ransacked home. Great life.

I don't know about rare...seems like there were quite a few in either Sugar Land or Katy over the past several years. Both places, and other areas like them, are soft targets as the smarter criminals know there's more to be had and the residents tend to be less wary.

You may not have driveway robberies but you probably can't go on vacation without worrying about coming home to a ransacked home. Great life.

I can tell you this...the house was broken into once in the last 65 years. That happened nearly 30 years ago.

I haven't locked my car doors in the last 5 years, never had a problem. I stopped locking them after the car was broken into -- in the HEIGHTS.

I've never worried about coming home to a ransacked house...but I wouldn't feel like it's any less likely out in the burbs.

Break-ins occur everywhere, no neighborhood is immune. In that manner, I don't consider any neighborhood to be "safe".

• The title was changed to Good Subdivision In Richmond Or Sugar Land?

Archived