Houston 2010?...2016?....

DJ V Lawrence

If you're growing up in the midwest within 250 miles of (300 or more in some directions) Chicago, you think of one thing, Great America. I'm sure that means nothing to you down here.

Jason

Chicago is a world class city because there's a theme park halfway to Milwaukee? Never knew that.

So, this must mean that Milwaukee is a world class city, as well, equal to Chicago?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chicago is a world class city because there's a theme park halfway to Milwaukee? Never knew that.

So, this must mean that Milwaukee is a world class city, as well, equal to Chicago?

No, I never said that. The whole idea of ANY "world class" city being dependent on any one thing is ludicrous. If that's the case, you're not a world class city. I was responding to your comment about what cities are known for. GA doesn't make Chicago a world class city, its a tiny fraction of the big picture. What it does is open up a lot of doors for people from small towns all around the midwest to get their first taste of Chicago. A incredibly positive one at that. Kids plan their school's trip there years in advance. I know, a stupid class trip. Well, the success those trips (according to school officials) eventually led to things like shopping trips for high schools down to Water Tower Place, and exposure to a lot more of the city. A lot of those people end up in Chicago colleges. Say what you want but kids are impressionable, especially when you come from a small town with nothing.

Your wild Milwaukee comments gave two natives a good chuckle.

Jason

P.S. By my comments I'm not insinuating anything about Houston's situation. They are entirely different situations.

Archived