Houston's 106.9 is now in "The Zone"

djrage

FINALLY!!! at 6am this morning, waaaaay long passed it's due.... The Point became no more. Now 106.9 is The Zone

radio insight article here

http://radioinsight.com/2010/will-houston-be-buzzing-about-the-zone/

new website is up, click here

Listen live here

Radio Info has an article on the flip here

Read what's being said about the new format on the Houston/Galveston board here

Oh thank God..

I was getting so sick and tired of the Points 80s and 90s classic hits. Now we FINALLY have the alternative hits of the 80s and 90s instead. Thank you, the Zone.

Now if only we had a station for 80s and 90s regular hits.

Seriously.. how can someone get excited about this ?

I read an article that said that the Zone may actually be 106.9 stunting. After cox registered the Zone's website, they later registered 1069thebeat.com (I think thats the site). I'm guessing that they might see how well the Zone does and if it doesn't do well they will flip to 106.9 the Beat.

I read an article that said that the Zone may actually be 106.9 stunting. After cox registered the Zone's website, they later registered 1069thebeat.com (I think thats the site). I'm guessing that they might see how well the Zone does and if it doesn't do well they will flip to 106.9 the Beat.

I'm not sure thats completely true, cuz they sure spent the money to have their station vehicles redone and a commercial made.

Van: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38268&id=164566580244348

commercial:

Glad I have satellite and no longer have to suffer Houston top 40 radio. Still listen to AM sports talk shows though. 

Oh I have satellite radio also and mainly listen to that. This was news to me because I was happy to see the Point go. However this "new" format is hardly a good replacement. Still hearing lots of Point songs. When did Sting become Alternative? Heard Fortress Around Your Heart in the 3 oclock hour... huh?

Oh I have satellite radio also and mainly listen to that. This was news to me because I was happy to see the Point go. However this "new" format is hardly a good replacement. Still hearing lots of Point songs. When did Sting become Alternative? Heard Fortress Around Your Heart in the 3 oclock hour... huh?

Hate to tell you this...but Sting WAS considered alternative. :)

Archived