Montgomery County 20 Years From Now

wxman

Today I got to wondering--with exponential growth taking place in Montgomery County right now, what will the county, mainly south county, look like in 20 years from now?

What are the chances of highrises moving in ( to the likes of Anadarko) or commuter rail? Will we have Metro moving in? Will the county deal with density by growing 'up' or will homes and infrastructure continuously be pushed further and further out? With 'Earthquest' moving into Porter, I'd imagine East County has the greatest potential to see most of the growth as major hotels, restaurants and housing developments take advantage of the some 3 million visitors per year that is being projected.

Today I got to wondering--with exponential growth taking place in Montgomery County right now, what will the county, mainly south county, look like in 20 years from now?

What are the chances of highrises moving in ( to the likes of Anadarko) or commuter rail? Will we have Metro moving in? Will the county deal with density by growing 'up' or will homes and infrastructure continuously be pushed further and further out? With 'Earthquest' moving into Porter, I'd imagine East County has the greatest potential to see most of the growth as major hotels, restaurants and housing developments take advantage of the some 3 million visitors per year that is being projected.

The southern half of Montgomery County is already mostly divided up into relatively small residential tracts, making it difficult for big new master planned communities to spring up. A lower density will tend to predominate...until more apartments become more feasible. And they will, eventually. It'll mostly be garden-style, and they'll mostly become crappy within a few decades. North Montgomery County is dominated by National Forests, but expect more activity there as Lake Conroe becomes built out, as there is more employment in southern half of the county, and as people begin to realize that The Woodlands was yesterday's news.

Don't expect very many highrises, but there will be some. It'd be kind of dumb for anybody to try and give Anadarko a run for their money, but stranger things have happened.

METRO won't arrive unless the County or municipalities agree to contribute to sales taxes, which is very unlikely. And even then, METRO doesn't usually provide much service to outlying areas. To the extent that there is transit, I'd expect for it to be differently-flagged.

Personally, I think that the more exciting growth story (in terms of profit potential) is in northeast Harris County and south and west of the Brazos River.

The southern half of Montgomery County is already mostly divided up into relatively small residential tracts, making it difficult for big new master planned communities to spring up. A lower density will tend to predominate...until more apartments become more feasible. And they will, eventually. It'll mostly be garden-style, and they'll mostly become crappy within a few decades. North Montgomery County is dominated by National Forests, but expect more activity there as Lake Conroe becomes built out, as there is more employment in southern half of the county, and as people begin to realize that The Woodlands was yesterday's news.

Don't expect very many highrises, but there will be some. It'd be kind of dumb for anybody to try and give Anadarko a run for their money, but stranger things have happened.

METRO won't arrive unless the County or municipalities agree to contribute to sales taxes, which is very unlikely. And even then, METRO doesn't usually provide much service to outlying areas. To the extent that there is transit, I'd expect for it to be differently-flagged.

Personally, I think that the more exciting growth story (in terms of profit potential) is in northeast Harris County and south and west of the Brazos River.

do you think the areas in and around magnolia, montgomery and lake conroe will continue to add residences and strip centers?

do you think the areas in and around magnolia, montgomery and lake conroe will continue to add residences and strip centers?

Magnolia: Yes, but with the caveat that parcels up to about five acres that are already single family will have difficulty transitioning to another, denser, land use.

Montgomery: Yes.

Lake Conroe: No. Mostly built out or is National Forest.

Northeast Houston gets so little to no play...why is that? Nobody ever talks about NE Houston, hardly even the news or weather! I guess because it's not on the way to Galveston and it's too close to the refineries? That's all I can figure.

Lake Conroe: No. Mostly built out or is National Forest.

I think Ziegler Cooper has renderings of Condos on lake Conroe. Any chance this becomes a trend? I'm not even sure there's much waterfront property left. I know I've seen some, but maybe that's part of the National forests?

• The title was changed to Montgomery County 20 Years From Now

Archived