Paris Hilton Getting Married

BayouCityGirl

Paris Hilton is reportedly engaged to Greek shipping heir

www.ktrk.com

I know this sound rude but can she GET OUT of the spotlight? If she wasn't an heiress she would be a lesser known actor! Seriously! I mean she's in the spotlight EVERY week (at least she stopped running neck and neck with the Olson Twins whose last movie flopped (and they aren't the "adorable Michelle" they played on Full House)

*roll eyes*

So we expect to see Paris kissing all over her husband repeating "That's so hot" on Oprah, Entertainment Tonight and every other TV talk show?

Can we say nausious?

If it was someone else I'd say congratulations but Paris did nothing for her famedom except get in the spotlight every week for something...

Her dog missing

Her sister being married

Her sex videos online

Breakup with Nicole Richie

As soon as she gets away from the media she figures that "hey people will forget me" and gets back in somehow. Sorry but I am not a fan of Paris Hilton's (as you can notice)

After a while hearing about her just gets old!

Paris Hilton is reportedly engaged to Greek shipping heir

www.ktrk.com

I know this sound rude but can she GET OUT of the spotlight? If she wasn't an heiress she would be a lesser known actor! Seriously! I mean she's in the spotlight EVERY week (at least she stopped running neck and neck with the Olson Twins whose last movie flopped (and they aren't the "adorable Michelle" they played on Full House)

*roll eyes*

So we expect to see Paris kissing all over her husband repeating "That's so hot" on Oprah, Entertainment Tonight and every other TV talk show?

Can we say nausious?

If it was someone else I'd say congratulations but Paris did nothing for her famedom except get in the spotlight every week for something...

Her dog missing

Her sister being married

Her sex videos online

Breakup with Nicole Richie

As soon as she gets away from the media she figures that "hey people will forget me" and gets back in somehow. Sorry but I am not a fan of Paris Hilton's (as you can notice)

After a while hearing about her just gets old!

I can't believe I'm defending Paris Hilton on a forum, but I guess I'll surprise myself.

There are many heirs and heiresses in America, but Paris decided to put herself out there, as do a few others. What makes her different from us or from other heiresses is that, well, we actually WATCH her. People actually buy magazines with her story on the front page. People actually had an interest in watching her sex tape (By the way, that was not me with her. Not this time...) And so many people actually sit down and watch her on the Simple Life (I haven't seen it. Is it any good?)

To me, hearing about her got old from day one, but I honestly admire her. For one, as a person affliated with my friends, she's a really nice and down-to-earth person in real life that just plays with cameras everytime someone has one pointing at her, which is like, half the time anyway. However, I admire her for this... She has the ability to do NOTHING, and STILL have the whole world watching and paying for her. That's pretty talented in itself! I'm impressed.

Lastly, do you honestly think she would be an actress or be on "The Simple Life" if she wasn't a famous heiress?

The sex tapes were a marketing ploy to the "Simple Life". I mean get her on the news somehow with the sex tapes ties in to what will she do on the "oh so fake" Simple Life.

How long will this marriage last? Will her dog be the best man? I wonder how much its little tux will cost!

I can't wait to see until she's older and the partying is over...I mean really at age 40 the cute things she does now won't be impressive. I am not impressed with Simple Life at all personally. I mean its all set up. (like most reality TV shows). I guess b/c my friends are actual actors (SAG/AFTRA affiliated) I proudly defend them then 15 mins of famers.

When Paris Hilton lost her dog she made up lies (about it being lost). I think once someone lies once, you can't trust them. (I hate liers)

I actually think she's getting engaged b/c Nicole Richie is engaged (right?) and she doesn't want Nicole Richie hogging her spotlight. Nicole Richie lost alot of weight and has been getting attn. move over Paris...bump bump...and here comes Paris with "nyah nyah...I am back in the news with "I am so in love and getting married!" even though the public who knows her entire life has NEVER heard of this guy nor has it been mentioned. At least with the Olsons we know who their dating, who they have been dating and possibly who their both cheating with.

In my view, she's a fraud media grabbing attention-getting spoiled rich blonde model.

And as I said before I'm definately not a fan of hers. If I see her in people weekly which the engagement will make front page I'm sure (or cover)....I'll just read something else. Because its just sad to keep reading about the same old people doing the same ole things. I mean there are other celebrities why focus on the same people ALL the time?

P.S. when will the wedding/honeymoon DVD be on sale on Amazon.com?

Not to mention the reality TV show on MTV (like Nick/Jessica and Britney Spears and her hubby?)

I can't believe I'm defending Paris Hilton on a forum, but I guess I'll surprise myself.

There are many heirs and heiresses in America, but Paris decided to put herself out there, as do a few others. What makes her different from us or from other heiresses is that, well, we actually WATCH her. People actually buy magazines with her story on the front page. People actually had an interest in watching her

I was in Foleys and they had this man's cologne, Paris Hilton. At first I thought it was a joke, I mean, I shudder to think of the fragrances I would associate with Paris Hilton. If you haven't seen it, don't worry, I am sure it will be departing department stores & showing up at a CVS near you soon.

Some other Hilton has her own show now. It's called something like "How to be a Hilton." They'll take a bunch of non-socialites and a Hilton will teach them stuff about manners and grooming. I presume they'll include a way for the contestants to vote each other off, thus leaving a "winner" who gets some kind of prize.

To me, hearing about her got old from day one, but I honestly admire her. For one, as a person affliated with my friends, she's a really nice and down-to-earth person in real life that just plays with cameras everytime someone has one pointing at her, which is like, half the time anyway. However, I admire her for this... She has the ability to do NOTHING, and STILL have the whole world watching and paying for her.  That's pretty talented in itself! I'm impressed.

All that typing and effort just to claim a connection to her? :)

Guess what...WE are not her target audience.  They could care LESS what we think about her....now, if we were preteen girls with our allowances burning holes in our pockets...they might care. :>

Wendy's right. Britney Spears and the Olson Twins probably have the same target audience, and look at the $100 bills in all their mattresses. :P

Personally, I think we're the wrong demographic for this particular discussion and she isn't really worth of an off topic thread. I'd sooner talk about Kobe Bryant as opposed to Paris^2

I vote that we close this thread.

All in favor say, "aye"

Ricco

Personally, I think we're the wrong demographic for this particular discussion and she isn't really worth of an off topic thread.  I'd sooner talk about Kobe Bryant as opposed to Paris^2

I vote that we close this thread.

All in favor say, "aye"

Ricco

:lol::lol: Look at how successful she is!! We're talking about her on houstonarchitecture.com!!! :lol::lol:

I don't get this...I know its a joke, but technically she IS an offtopic subject. We're NOT arguing. Why close the topic?

I'm serious!

If you don't like the subject don't read it.But personally it is refreshing for a change to speak of something or in my case, something where I can blow off some steam on something w/o it harming anyone in anyway. Or to kvetch about something.

okay sorry my tiredness is showing. 3:30 AM and I'm sitting at work (exciting :-|)

LOL.

Fair enough.

There are just some topics we hear too much about that, I feel, are overblown in the media (regular and conservative).

I'm sure a divorce will happen soon enough when they can't sleep because of the whistling noises that happens when they get too close to the air conditioners.

Ricco

This family really has nothing else to do then embrace our TV! First Paris Hilton (and her many newsworthy stories (rolls eyes) as well as "Simple life" but now we got to have our mom on. why not put the show on at the same time AS Simple Life! It will be mother/daughter night on basic TV!

Paris: I'll invade FOX!

Kathy (mom): good I'll take down NBC

Paris/Kathy: Ready/Set/GO!

"PARIS' mom KATHY HILTON is also joining the reality game with her new NBC series, "I Want to Be a Hilton," premiering June 21 at 9 p.m. The series follows the exploits of 14 contestants as they vie for the chance to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Hilton teaches them the ins and outs of the New York society scene and each week eliminates the most socially inept."

-I got it from Yahoo! Entertainment

"From the makeover to art, culture, social and charity, we're gonna go through it all, and I will be their cheerleader, motivator and guiding hand," Kathy tells ET.

(I think this show by its premise is set out to be gross!) and I don't mean "gag me make me throw up...or do I...

I mean c'mon we know their rich and I dont' know. Its just another "hilton of the week" news story/reality TV show!

This family really has nothing else to do then embrace our TV! First Paris Hilton (and her many  newsworthy stories (rolls eyes) as well as "Simple life" but now we got to have our mom on. why not put the show on at the same time AS Simple Life! It will be mother/daughter night on basic TV!

Paris: I'll invade FOX!

Kathy (mom): good I'll take down NBC

Paris/Kathy: Ready/Set/GO!

"PARIS' mom KATHY HILTON is also joining the reality game with her new NBC series, "I Want to Be a Hilton," premiering June 21 at 9 p.m. The series follows the exploits of 14 contestants as they vie for the chance to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Hilton teaches them the ins and outs of the New York society scene and each week eliminates the most socially inept."

-I got it from Yahoo! Entertainment

"From the makeover to art, culture, social and charity, we're gonna go through it all, and I will be their cheerleader, motivator and guiding hand," Kathy tells ET.

(I think this show by its premise is set out to be gross!) and I don't mean "gag me make me throw up...or do I...

I mean c'mon we know their rich and I dont' know. Its just another "hilton of the week" news story/reality TV show!

Whoa, you're serious? About the trademark thing too?! DDDAAAAMMMMMMNNN!!!

What's next? Hilton perfume. Oh...Um...

You have to remember, just because you have a considerable amount of cash in your family, you have to remember, it's YOUR FAMILY'S.

When you're part of old (or even new) money, you have to divvy it down, you split it between Major Donations(museums, colleges, etc) , Relatives, staff, administrative costs; the share you get will be less then one would expect.

Granted, "less" to US we could easily live on...but to someone who is used to having a substantial amount of resources at their disposal, it's fairly small. So they HAVE to get some cash coming in to keep up the lifestyle they're used to.

To "earn" a living, they'll do some rather unusual things, but they're not going to work at retail (even if it's over at Fred's) but workat something substantially higher end...like working for a fashion designer or something even more bizzare.

[sarcasm]Believe me, the rich have it rough when their mommies and daddies pass on and only give them a LITTLE of what they earned.[/sarcasm]

Well personally I think its ridiculous that the family is getting into reality TV. I mean mom can't be happy housewife and leave it at that?

My uncle is extremely wealthy and he gives to alot of chairties (he worked hard for his money it wasn't given to him) and yet his wife doesn't try to go out and flash the money they have. She does mention she likes to go shopping with it. They live nicely but still...I mean I am just getting sick of Hilton in the headlines every week.

• 2 weeks later...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/entertain...Pent_paris.html

Paris news of the week...this is what got me...

"I don't enjoy going out anymore," she says in the June 20 issue of the magazine, on newsstands Monday. "It's such a pain. It's everyone saying, `Let's do a deal! Can I have a picture?' I'm just, like, `These people are such losers. I can't believe I used to love doing this.'"

yea that's something to say to fans or a report!

btw, her mom's show DOES look stupid! I mean to learn ettiquitte (sp?) off a TV Reality TV Show? NO THANKS!! That's why there are schools across the country that teach that type of stufF! I don't need to know from a Hilton!

• The title was changed to Paris Hilton Getting Married