Houston in Bloomberg BusinessWeek

I got the first issue of the redesigned Bloomberg Businessweek ("Bloomberg" was added earlier this year or late last year) and they had a one-page article about things to do in Houston. It seemed woefully incomplete (and about half of the action OUTSIDE the inner loop) but I thought you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_18/b4176120000767.htm

This is a repeat thread... This article has already been mentioned in the Houston Sightings thread.

I assume the author is the same Lisa Gray that writes for the chronicle... so ya shouldn't expect too much content-wise.

(and about half of the action OUTSIDE the inner loop)

600 SqMi is the approximate area within the Houston City Limits.

100 SqMi is the approximate area INSIDE the loop

Sounds like the Inner Loop got way more than their share of the action mentioned... the Inner Loop apparently is a greedy bastard.

Edited by Highway6

It seemed woefully incomplete (and about half of the action OUTSIDE the inner loop) but I thought you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_18/b4176120000767.htm

Umm...only ONE thing to do was outside the Inner Loop.

In fact, 5 of the 6 things to do are located in an area within the loop, I-10 and 59. That area is probably one-sixth of the inner loop.

Edited by RedScare

In fact, 5 of the 6 things to do are located in an area within the loop, I-10 and 59. That area is probably one-sixth of the inner loop.

Sorry Red.. You're no longer cool.

All you Heights people as well as you East End and Rice/Musuem District peeps are hereby removed from the cool group..

Only INNER-Inner Loopers need apply.

Edited by Highway6

The physical copy of the magazine had a map of all the locations.

I don't have the physical copy of the magazine with me, but I'm almost sure that most of the things were between 610 and Beltway 8...unless I'm horribly mistaken, in which case I find the magazine and either apologize regarding miscommunication or an outright error.

Can't anyone start an article about Houston without mentioning all the perceived negatives first? It's getting really tired.

I don't see articles on NYC constantly having to start off "there's more than just insane expense and crowds!" or for New Orleans "once you get past the ghettos and extreme humidity..." or for Austin "intense heat and drunken college kids aside..."

Sprawl capital of the universe? For real? Petrochems? How many of us ever actually go over to the Ship Channel to see this? This is the kind of PR foolishness that fuels the fire of bad perceptions and stupid stereotypes... Gag.

Can't anyone start an article about Houston without mentioning all the perceived negatives first? It's getting really tired.

I don't see articles on NYC constantly having to start off "there's more than just insane expense and crowds!" or for New Orleans "once you get past the ghettos and extreme humidity..." or for Austin "intense heat and drunken college kids aside..."

Sprawl capital of the universe? For real? Petrochems? How many of us ever actually go over to the Ship Channel to see this? This is the kind of PR foolishness that fuels the fire of bad perceptions and stupid stereotypes... Gag.

Bravo!

I could not agree more.