Houston Where Energy Is King

I guess a brief summary is out of the question?

The article discusses what Houston is doing to position itself for the post-oil economy. It says Houston is to energy as Hollywood is to entertainment. The tone of the article seems to indicate that this will not change. There are interviews with a few energy executives... T. Boone Pickens and Mike Linn.

• Like 2

The article discusses what Houston is doing to position itself for the post-oil economy. It says Houston is to energy as Hollywood is to entertainment. The tone of the article seems to indicate that this will not change. There are interviews with a few energy executives... T. Boone Pickens and Mike Linn.

What about dubai? hasn't it trying to take houston's place?

If you all want to read the article without a membership copy "Houston: Where Energy is King" into Google, click Google news and you can read the whole thing.

you need a membership to read it? I guess I have a username and password with them, but I read it before i signed in. sorry about that. I think it's free to sign up anyway.

What about dubai? hasn't it trying to take houston's place?

I don't think Dubai is a major player in oil anyway, could be wrong. But from what I understand, it's emirates neighbor, Abu Dhabi a few miles away is the major oil city, not Dubai.

• The title was changed to Houston Where Energy Is King