Lupe Tortilla Coming To Katy

GrandLakes

Was driving Northbound on Grand PArkway and took the Kingsland exit and right before I got to the light I say a sign that said "Lupe Tortilla" coming Summer 2010. Has anybody heard anything about this? Right now there is just a field there so I am guessing that it would be a standalone restaurant? I checked out their website but didn't see any mention of it...

Was driving Northbound on Grand PArkway and took the Kingsland exit and right before I got to the light I say a sign that said "Lupe Tortilla" coming Summer 2010. Has anybody heard anything about this? Right now there is just a field there so I am guessing that it would be a standalone restaurant? I checked out their website but didn't see any mention of it...

yes, this is definitely true. The Hwy 6 location told me about it back in May when we ordered fajitas from there for graduation party. They are DEFINITELY THE BEST and we can't wait for their new location over here!!

yes, this is definitely true. The Hwy 6 location told me about it back in May when we ordered fajitas from there for graduation party. They are DEFINITELY THE BEST and we can't wait for their new location over here!!

Oh please no. If overpriced, overcrowded, average food and crappy service is your idea of a good restaurant you don't know what good Mexican (not TexMex) food is. There is so much better to choose from. We tried Lupe's twice and had such bad experiences we swore never to return. We don't understand the mythical appeal of this place. On the other hand, we are looking forward to Las Alamedas opening up in La Centerra.

Edited by tex0516

Oh please no. If overpriced, overcrowded, average food and crappy service is your idea of a good restaurant you don't know what good Mexican (not TexMex) food is. There is so much better to choose from. We tried Lupe's twice and had such bad experiences we swore never to return. We don't understand the mythical appeal of this place. On the other hand, we are looking forward to Las Alamedas opening up in La Centerra.

Lupe's has great food, great services, and great ritas - my favorite for many years...

Tex, Have you tried Doneraki, on Fulton Street? This is Mexican Food! I drink Tequila, or Brown Mescal straight, with lime. The fajita's are super, but they also have a great Chile Relleno.

Lupe Tortilla is pretty hit or miss for me. I hate the one on Highway 6 and refuse to go there. If we go, we go to the one in Sugarland. Obviously thier fajitas are their best dish. Not much else worth talking about. I personally don't really care if they're in the area or not. I'm still waiting for Rudy's to open a restaurant on I-10.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to see more restaurants moving out our way. But I would prefer an Adobe or El Tiempo or something. A girl can dream about those margaritas. Lupe Tortilla has a sandbox and with that comes many many unsupervised mobile children. I usually stay away from the place.

I am happy to see more restaurants moving out our way. But I would prefer an Adobe or El Tiempo or something. A girl can dream about those margaritas. Lupe Tortilla has a sandbox and with that comes many many unsupervised mobile children. I usually stay away from the place.

Las Alamedas is coming to La Centerra which should be a little more upscale with less kids. Stating the obvious but in burbs where there is still a lot of new development a lot of things are going to be family friendly. If anyone ever asks me about living in the Katy area I always tell them if you have kids it doesn’t get any better IMO, but if you are single or don’t have kids I would think long and hard about moving away from the attractions of the city….but that’s just me.

• The title was changed to Lupe Tortilla Coming To Katy