KNWS 51 sold

editor

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas has approved the sale of KNWS Houston and KLDT Dallas from Johnson Broadcasting to Una Vez Mas Texas Holdings, according to Kalil & Co., the court-appointed broker.

The purchase price was $24.8 million (Editor's note: an earlier posting incorrectly reported the price as $9 million.)

Not quite as bad as 9 mil. Destined to be another spanish speaking station. Just what we needed. 

Not quite as bad as 9 mil. Destined to be another spanish speaking station. Just what we needed.

That's exactly what we're getting. Another spanish station. Una Vas Mes owns a station here in Houston already. KUVM-DT 34 is an Azteca America affiliate, and that programming will move to KNWS once the sale is completed. This will give Una Vas Mes it's first Full Power TV station. Rumor around the cooler says that Ch. 34 will become "Mega". The name "Mega" really sends a chill down my spine with what happened the last time a Mega was introduced to this market. Another irony....and boy I have too much time on my hands....is that Mega will debut on Ch. 34, the exact number of years the former format of 101 KLOL aired, before being replaced by "Mega". Coincidence? Or conspiracy? You decide.

That's exactly what we're getting. Another spanish station. Una Vas Mes owns a station here in Houston already. KUVM-DT 34 is an Azteca America affiliate, and that programming will move to KNWS once the sale is completed. This will give Una Vas Mes it's first Full Power TV station. Rumor around the cooler says that Ch. 34 will become "Mega". The name "Mega" really sends a chill down my spine with what happened the last time a Mega was introduced to this market. Another irony....and boy I have too much time on my hands....is that Mega will debut on Ch. 34, the exact number of years the former format of 101 KLOL aired, before being replaced by "Mega". Coincidence? Or conspiracy? You decide.

Disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

UHF! Does anyone still broadcast that? My 13 inch black and white tv was the bomb back in the day, and UHF came in better than the other stations. I miss the 80s.

Most TV stations went UHF in the digital transition.

Archived