San Felipe, West Loop, And Sage Rd.

Preface - I am no city planner, engineer, nor have I ever worked in construction.

They tore up the street, one half at a time. Poored a new one. poored curbs.

Tore up the middle of the road. Dug a median. Poored curbs.

Filled median with dirt. Dug holes to plant trees. Are redoing parts of the median curbs.

Now they are tearing up side walks and curbs.

Am I a moron? It seems to me, instead of saying 'hey, which 2 or 3 new lanes can we close today' it would make a lot more sense (and be more efficient) to finish complete areas, rather than build things you have to go back and destroy or undo?

For example - when half the street is closed - why not build the median then, rather than going back weeks later and digging into the new conrete you poored?

Why not place the trees in the median as you fill the holes, rather than having to bring a small back hoe in to dig holes to plant the trees when you filled the dirt in the same day?!?!

/rant

Comments welcome.

• Like 1

They probably should have shut the entire street down and built it all out properly at one time, but then people would complain about that too.

"I have to get to work!" -Or- "I can't get to my favorite Starbucks!" -Or- "I don't think these trees look right in this neighborhood!"

• The title was changed to San Felipe, West Loop, And Sage Rd.