Tickets For Blocking Sidewalk

Hartmann

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=6168534

If the idea is to not block the public right of way then people who have shrubs, trees, debris, etc. blocking it need tickets as well. Then there are the places where the sidewalk is in complete disrepair. Most of the sidewalk on my street is not walkable and one street over is completely blocked by low hanging tree limbs. A hypothetical, if someone's car is blocking the grass where a sidewalk would be had the city built one (but stopped one driveway short) are they in violation? If so, I've gotta tell my neighbor to move his car biggrin.gif

Again, I understand that I was in violation, there is just a lot of problems with the justification of the law. Part of it is me just being frustrated with the city in their inability to handle issues that my neighbors and I have brought up to them multiple times. Just needed to vent. Of course this happens on my day off and while I was inside for a couple of hours before running more errands. tongue.gif

When I go fishing, I dont catch all of the fish. 

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/23/2020 at 1:42 AM, Benetta Coleman said:

My neighbor tree limb is blocking the sidewalk.

Due to rain this week the tree limb fell and it’s blocking the sidewalk and the neighbors are complaining.

Thank you Mrs Coleman

Hi Ms. Coleman! This is just an internet forum for folks who live in Houston. However we are not the City of Houston formally. I would suggest filing a 3-1-1 ticket either by calling 3-1-1 or by visiting: http://311selfservice.houstontx.gov/Ef3/PWE_CityEngineer_WEB.xml

Have a good day and I hope your sidewalk situation improves!

• 1 month later...

This whole topic reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves...

people that stop at traffic lights IN the crosswalk...sometimes PAST the crosswalk...

when i ride a bike and it happens it can be frustrating if not dangerous...and it happens about 80 percent of the time! 

remember we had Only You Can Prevent Forestfires/Wildfires...and Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute...and Click It Or Ticket?

well i am being serious when i say those campaigns worked for the most part and we need one for crosswalks if we really want to become a city and country that doesn't want to depend so much on cars as we do areas that are "walkable" and "bikeable"

so having said all that, what would the campaign be called? 

Don't Cross the Crosswalk? Don't Block The Walk? any other great ideas? then send them to the mayor please...thanks! ;)

3 hours ago, gene said:

This whole topic reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves...

people that stop at traffic lights IN the crosswalk...sometimes PAST the crosswalk...

when i ride a bike and it happens it can be frustrating if not dangerous...and it happens about 80 percent of the time! 

remember we had Only You Can Prevent Forestfires/Wildfires...and Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute...and Click It Or Ticket?

well i am being serious when i say those campaigns worked for the most part and we need one for crosswalks if we really want to become a city and country that doesn't want to depend so much on cars as we do areas that are "walkable" and "bikeable"

so having said all that, what would the campaign be called? 

Don't Cross the Crosswalk? Don't Block The Walk? any other great ideas? then send them to the mayor please...thanks! ;)

"Don't Ride Your Bike on the Sidewalk" is pretty catchy, too. Those people scare me when they zip past with no warning.

• The title was changed to Tickets For Blocking Sidewalk

Archived