40 posts/ thread?

citizen4rmptown

Now i dont like to whine, but whatever its annoying.

Is anybody else annoyed by the page limits? I think thread pages are allowed to contain 40 posts!

This is new, because i remember it being half that amount. Anybody else notice this?

Editor, is it possible to go back? But why 40 posts/per page? Thats a lot of info. I guess in some ways its better, i dont have to go to the next page as often, but i actually liked taking that 20 pg break.

Anyways, just whats "disturbing" my HAIFy world. Im not annoyed in reality, actually just curious to whats behind the 40 posts/thread idea.

Is anybody else annoyed by the page limits? I think thread pages are allowed to contain 40 posts!

This is new, because i remember it being half that amount. Anybody else notice this?

Editor, is it possible to go back? But why 40 posts/per page? Thats a lot of info. I guess in some ways its better, i dont have to go to the next page as often, but i actually liked taking that 20 pg break.

Anyways, just whats "disturbing" my HAIFy world. Im not annoyed in reality, actually just curious to whats behind the 40 posts/thread idea.

Wayne posted this update on the facebook fan page over the weekend.

I like it, I like not having to flip more pages.

But I guess it depends on your internet speed.

The more posts, the more time it take to load up.

• 2 weeks later...

The original page length was the default for the system, whatever that was.

Then a few years ago I shortened it so that you'd have to click more and see more ads.

Then a couple of years ago I shortened it again so that people on dialup could navigate more easily.

Then in November I lengthened the pages so that you wouldn't have to see so many ads and you could navigate through the site quicker, especially considering that just 1.81% of HAIFers are now on dialup.

The original page length was the default for the system, whatever that was.

Then a few years ago I shortened it so that you'd have to click more and see more ads.

Then a couple of years ago I shortened it again so that people on dialup could navigate more easily.

Then in November I lengthened the pages so that you wouldn't have to see so many ads and you could navigate through the site quicker, especially considering that just 1.81% of HAIFers are now on dialup.

The internet at my office feels like dialup.

Archived