Mainplace Vs. Hess Tower

marc

Hey all, maybe this is pure sillyness, but with things being a bit slow in Houston, i thought it would be kind of interesting to see where many of you stood concerning the two newest towers- Mainplace versus Hess Tower. Please, give me your decision (even if you praise BOTH or neither of them, that's OK too) and your reasoning- heighth, design, cladding, purpose, urban friendly ammenities, LEED rating, placement in our beautiful skyline, etc. ALSO, feel free to add your comments regarding the "If i were to design this building, it would have been like this.........."

Let's see where this goes. Again, just passing the time until we see another resurgence of construction in Houston.

m. B)

MP has more detail and prettier glass, but Hess has a better location and will have those cool turbines. So, I like both, but that may change once they're complete. I can't wait to eat in the Hess cafeteria overlooking the park.

While I don't think MainPlace will be "open" by any means, since Hess will have a single tenant, it is likely to be closed tight.

I would love to see the wind studies and see what designs they incorporated into it. If they don't I would imagine that lunch would be rather exciting on a windy day.

I know this seems like I'm going off topic quickly, but I wouldn't mind seeing a halt in new construction if it meant we would see some of the abandoned building downtown put to good use. I'm still shocked to see the Texaco building sitting vacant.

No prob. i don't mind tangents at all. On that note- it would be cool if all the abandoned warehouses were converted into condos, lofts, etc. with highrises surrounding them.

m. B)

• The title was changed to Mainplace Vs. Hess Tower